mountaindesert

📛 Founding Member
Jun 20, 2024
Media
Wrightwood
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 1958
My 1958 manual hatch doesn't seem to open as high as it "should"

I'm 6'4 and have to duck down not to bump my head.

But when looking at the struts (if that's what they're called) it seems they're only about a quarter of the way out of the Piston.

Wondering if anyone has a way to adjust these or figured out a way to raise the hatch so it opens higher.

Cheers Russ
1000012867.jpg

Use the settings in dash computer to adjust height, believe it is under vehicle settings. I had to lower mine so it did not hit top of garage door when fully opened.

I have the opposite problem, where the hatch opens too high for my liking. I am clearing the garage door frame by less than an inch!

Pretty sure there is no way to adjust it. I’d actually like to slightly lower my hatch on the 1958 because it comes in contact with my garage door if it is open. But there’s no way to do so.

There is no power adjustment or setting in the dash for the 1958 that I have seen. Which is why I'm posting to see if anyone knows of a way to adjust or make higher ?

It seems like there is a lot of room in those pistons/struts to go much higher however it is not utilizing 1/3 of the capacity.

Anyone able to raise the hatch on the 1958?

Back