GX550 Roof Rack - Will it fit on my 1958?

LouNYC

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 8, 2024
Media
Central NJ
Hello all, someone near me is selling a new GX550 roof rack. Will this fit on a 1958? Do I need roof rails as well?

Thanks In advance.

Yes, it will. I just sold mine to a LC owner. You will need rails and the rails are interchangeable as well. If you do not have rails mine are coming off my GX in two weeks. I live in San Diego, but I'm sure you can find a pair There is a you tube video on how to install and remove. Its pretty easy.

Yes, it will. I just sold mine to a LC owner. You will need rails and the rails are interchangeable as well. If you do not have rails mine are coming off my GX in two weeks. I live in San Diego, but I'm sure you can find a pair There is a you tube video on how to install and remove. Its pretty easy.
Thanks for the quick response. Looking for roof rails now, The GX550 roof rack is selling for a good price.

Talked to a guy that had the GX 550 with the roof rack and he was getting rid of it because of the wind noise. They look great though. Can anyone confirm the wind noise issue with this rack?

Talked to a guy that had the GX 550 with the roof rack and he was getting rid of it because of the wind noise. They look great though. Can anyone confirm the wind noise issue with this rack?
Every roof rack has a wind noise issue, itโ€™s disrupting the flow of air over your roof, no matter if it has a front valence or not, itโ€™s going to add wind noise

I have a GX that came with the roof rack. The noise wasn't bad at all, but I sold it because I'm getting the Westcott Design full rack along with the stock rock rails. I will be removing the rails when the new roof rack is installed which is in two weeks. If you still have no rails by then send me a note. BTW, I sold my roof rack to a LC owner. I think it looks great on the LC

Back