Going to pull trigger on Sherpa full rack (over Westcott/Prinsu/Rhino) unless...

l00semarble

📛 Founding Member
Sep 12, 2024
Media
Annapolis and Costa Rica
Vehicles
80 diesel, 150 diesel, 250 US spec, Tundra, etc
you think I am making a mistake.

It seems the Sherpa is built heavier/stronger andI like the rubber blocks to seal the holes vs. heaps of RTV. Please they quote a 2 week lead time vs. 6-8 or not even released yet.

Next question is full wind fairling or half fairing and lights? I really prefer my lights on the bumper so no light wash on hood but not sure when a good bumper kit will be available.

I have zero experience with roof racks but why would you be making a mistake? I just looked those up and they look awesome.

you think I am making a mistake.

It seems the Sherpa is built heavier/stronger andI like the rubber blocks to seal the holes vs. heaps of RTV. Please they quote a 2 week lead time vs. 6-8 or not even released yet.

Next question is full wind fairling or half fairing and lights? I really prefer my lights on the bumper so no light wash on hood but not sure when a good bumper kit will be available.
Did you end up buying a rack?

Rack recieve and installed. Impressed. Nicely engineered kit. Install is quite a few steps but nothign difficult. Final result is strong and looks good. I'm pleased. Had to climb up and walk around on it when done.

My ARB basket type rack on my 80 is better for rooftop lounging.

20241008_072221.jpg

20241008_200339.jpg

20220127_173611.jpg

Back