Front License Plate

Good call! I wondered about that but your response "seconded that thought". I centered it. Looks good and no holes.

I bought Gorilla tape, double sided. It’s pretty thick. The top side of the mounting bracket required about 3 layers. The bottom on needed one (maybe two). Took it out and stuck it on the front bumper and its been there ever since (multiple times through car wash).

I’m guessing the glue will have some effect on the bumper if ever removed. Same for the sun, but there are no holes and I’m compliant.

I posted this on another thread w same topic Front License Plate Bracket Install --
“I live in CA and as others have mentioned front plate is required. The dealer provided me w a front plate bracket (see below). But I also couldn’t get myself to drill holes into the bumper. So I decided to stick a 1 inch foam adhesive to back of the bracket to make it flush and used zip ties to attach it to the bottom grill (see photos). In another post I saw someone mention to put it in the passenger side something about engine temp (see link. Front License Plate. ) As u can see from the photo the LC FE has a front camera and the bracket does not obstruct the view. This is completely removable without permanent damage to the bumper. Unfortunately I added a bar light to the bottom grill and had to remove the plate. I’m trying to figure out another way to get the bracket on the front grill.”

You might be able to fabricate an "L" shaped bracket that would slip beneath the bumper and bolt to an existing bolt and the other leg of the "L" would be vertical in front of the bumper that you could attach the plate to. It wouldn't need to have a lot of strength as the air would push the plate/bracket against the bumper.

Back