Front License Plate

pmurphy

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jun 2, 2024
oakland NJ
Vehicles
2024 first addition
Has anyone come up with a no holes mount for the front plate

As it stands right now- I will have to drill 2 holes- the question is will the 2 threaded screws work or do I need something like a plastic threaded insert? The dealer is not returning my calls.

If you are suppose to have a front plate in your state - as I do- the dealer should be giving you a bracket that comes with pointed threaded screw like this one I got with my bracket kit for plate from dealer - which was for my sons 4Runner fyi -sorry in advance if this isnโ€™t what you mean
IMG_7440.jpeg

So it wonโ€™t need any type of clip the pointed screw holds it

If you are suppose to have a front plate in your state - as I do- the dealer should be giving you a bracket that comes with pointed threaded screw like this one I got with my bracket kit for plate from dealer - which was for my sons 4Runner fyi -sorry in advance if this isnโ€™t what you mean View attachment 2826
Wouldn't these require holes to be drilled in the bumper? He's looking for a no holes mount.

Yes - the black bracket plate holder hides it - but yes there will be a hole -

This was also in response to another question on this thread about whether an insert is required which is No, not in my experience

But for a No Drill model...

THE SEARCH IS OVER!​

BOZZmounts are TRUE No-drill Front License Plate Brackets.
No more drilling holes into front bumpers. They are compatible with cars, trucks, minivans and SUVโ€™s.
These patented brackets are the most versatile No-drill front license plate brackets you will ever find.
BOZZmounts are compatible with just about any vehicles with Horizontal Slats or Mesh Grilles regardless of the Year, Make and Model, Import or domestic.
1718019635602.png

Dealer installed, but painful watching them drill the two holes. The mount looks fine, but not happy having the front plate and donโ€™t what to give someone a reason to pull me over. Thanks for the responses.

Dealer installed, but painful watching them drill the two holes. The mount looks fine, but not happy having the front plate and donโ€™t what to give someone a reason to pull me over. Thanks for the responses.
You might be able to fabricate an "L" shaped bracket that bolts to the bottom of the bumper and allow the plate to be bolted to that. Might still have to drill some holes but at least they would be unseen.

Where can i find so called dimples on the front bumper?
I just don't see them.
Never mind, just found it. It is very faint, you really have to look for them in broad daylight.
With the bracket that comes with the vehicle, it turn out to be not that bad looking.

Iโ€™m looking for the German version. I see the long plate holder on other euro plates. Needs to be 17.5L . I got that plate from Namibia that came off a Cruiser over there. Need part number.

I didn't want to drill holes so I came up with this option...
Screen Shot 2024-08-26 at 12.57.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-08-26 at 12.57.48 PM.png

Back