Front License Plate Bracket Install --

Won’t do it. We bought a neoprene plate holder (it’s similar to what I had on my dog tags in Navy) and placed it on the dash. This is what we’re doing for now only because my wife insisted.

Eventually it’s probably going in the glovebox or under the passenger seat because… while required in CA, the cops in my area are barely concerned with all the red light runners. Can’t imagine they give a damn about a missing front plate.
I was considering not putting it on but still keep it inside the car. I see so many Tesla’s bmw and Mercedes without it. W so many other moving violations that can net higher fees than a fix it ticket would, I can imagine Chp and local law enforcements wouldn’t bother much pulling over someone for not having a front license plate.
I mean what about all those illegal front driver window tints. I don’t see them getting pulled over.

Last edited:
I was considering not putting it on but still keep it inside the car. I see so many Tesla’s bmw and Mercedes without it. W so many other moving violations that can net higher fees than a fix it ticket would, I can imagine Chp and local law enforcements wouldn’t bother much pulling over someone for not having a front license plate.
I mean what about all those illegal front driver window tints. I don’t even see them getting pulled over.
Yup. We’re glad we stopped the sales guy from drilling holes to “make us legal”.

Is this removable and will it cause damage to the grill if I want to take it off? Is there any concern for it to fall off? My experience w double sided tape is it has a tendency to not stay attached.
Do you recommend a particular brand of double sided tape?
I used several layers of Gorilla tape, double sided, on the top (you have to build up the point of contact). There’s only one strip on the bottom. It seems to be working just fine. The tape moved around the first day, but once it set, it’s been fixed. It’s gone through the car was a few times with no issue.

I am concerned about it discoloring the bumper, long-term, but there are no drill holes there, either

Back