Front Grill Mesh

I've looked at this several times in the last month or so. I personally don't like the fact that you have to attach them with zip ties and the zip ties will be visible. I do like the idea tho.

IMO the OEM grille is made of plastic and bugs wash off plastic. The mesh grille is made of metal and bugs wash off metal.

IMO the OEM grille is made of plastic and bugs wash off plastic. The mesh grille is made of metal and bugs wash off metal.
Bugs are not the reason I want to install this thing, I am more thinking about small rocks punching through the radiator and cause the leak. The gap in this grill is pretty big for the rocks to go through

My apologies.......... from your post "anti insect mesh" I mistakenly assumed you were installing them for bugs. Best of luck with your install.

Two things come to mind:
1. Shipped from China. Non-starter for me. Been burned before.
2. This looks very simple to fabricate. Get some chicken wire. Make templates out of cardboard. Snip out the three pieces and paint with Rustolium. Zip tie and trim nice and neat.

Two things come to mind:
1. Shipped from China. Non-starter for me. Been burned before.
2. This looks very simple to fabricate. Get some chicken wire. Make templates out of cardboard. Snip out the three pieces and paint with Rustolium. Zip tie and trim nice and neat.
There are different types of knock-offs from China. Some are made with very good quality, some are totally trash. You need to do a little homework before buying.

Ideally I think fitting a loose mesh net to the grill would be enough. Too dense it might get in the way of air flow too. Frame is just a helper to keep it in place. I just havn't found something that is both good and proved.

One thing I do not like is that it's placed in front of the grill. I prefer it being behind the grill.

Back