Front and rear black bumper marks

crashpadsncontrails

📛 Founding Member
Apr 4, 2024
Media
Florence, KY
Vehicles
2024 LC FE
So just picked ip my FE this past Tuesday and noticed a large irregular mark/ line (scratch so to speak) going across the front bumper that my sales rep/ dealer failed to notice or advise me on. Almost like something during transport was rubbed up against it.

My wife actually saw it. They had a rag and tried to wipe it off and only seemed to make it worse. The dealer’s detailing guy couldn’t get it off and now they have me scheduled to come back in to have their 3rd party contractor to work on it. Their same contractor that does their Zenith warranty claim work.

The dealers ‘personalization manager’ (whatever that is) characterized it as a ‘paint repair’ which has me concerned they will try to paint the bumper, which feels like a rubberized material.

Has anyone else ran into this? Also, moving forward assuming they find a fix, what product(s) are recommended for cleaning the bumpers? Seems like marring can happen pretty easily.

Attachments

• IMG_6675.jpeg
    IMG_6675.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
So just picked ip my FE this past Tuesday and noticed a large irregular mark/ line (scratch so to speak) going across the front bumper that my sales rep/ dealer failed to notice or advise me on. Almost like something during transport was rubbed up against it.

My wife actually saw it. They had a rag and tried to wipe it off and only seemed to make it worse. The dealer’s detailing guy couldn’t get it off and now they have me scheduled to come back in to have their 3rd party contractor to work on it. Their same contractor that does their Zenith warranty claim work.

The dealers ‘personalization manager’ (whatever that is) characterized it as a ‘paint repair’ which has me concerned they will try to paint the bumper, which feels like a rubberized material.

Has anyone else ran into this? Also, moving forward assuming they find a fix, what product(s) are recommended for cleaning the bumpers? Seems like marring can happen pretty easily.
I have similar scratches on mine. What was the outcome on yours?

I have similar scratches on mine. What was the outcome on yours?
The dealership had a 3rd party guy come out and use a heat gun to remove. The front ones came off perfectly. I had a small mark on the rear bumper that you can still see but didn't raise an issue with it.

Mine came from the dealer with the scuffs...they figured it was a cleaning solution used, but after a few car washes it's clear it's a scratch/scuff. Accidents happen during its life, but brand new in the lot should be damn near perfect.

Back