Floor Jack Lift Point Location

TACO-TO-CRUZR

📛 Founding Member
Aug 22, 2024
Media
DFW Texas
Vehicles
LC 250 1985
Hello y'all, anyone used a floor jack as yet. I checked the user manual, but no floor jack point is identified. Only for the bottle jack point.
Anyone used the cross beam below?
Will be doing a 2K breakin oil change this weekend. Thanks.
20240827_212415.jpg

20240827_212428.jpg

Screenshot_20240827_211205.jpg

The jack points are shown on page 613 of the manual, but they're listed under "Replacing a flat tire", which probably made it hard to find.

I like to reference the online manual since it lets me search for terms.

The jack points are also shown in this thread: Jack Points

I just did my first oil change this past weekend. It's not the best pic, but here's where I lifted my car from. I did not need to lift the car that much, just enough to give me room to get underneath. The tire never even left the ground.

Attachments

• PXL_20240825_194551258.jpg
    PXL_20240825_194551258.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
The jack points are shown on page 613 of the manual, but they're listed under "Replacing a flat tire", which probably made it hard to find.

I like to reference the online manual since it lets me search for terms.

The jack points are also shown in this thread: Jack Points

I just did my first oil change this past weekend. It's not the best pic, but here's where I lifted my car from. I did not need to lift the car that much, just enough to give me room to get underneath. The tire never even left the ground.
Thank you for the response and picture.
But I want to lift from the center and not the chassis lift points.
My Tacoma had a lift point in the center under the front deferential. That way you can lift the whole front up and then use 2 jack stands on the chassis.

Hello y'all, anyone used a floor jack as yet. I checked the user manual, but no floor jack point is identified. Only for the bottle jack point.
Anyone used the cross beam below?
Will be doing a 2K breakin oil change this weekend. Thanks.
View attachment 9757
View attachment 9758
View attachment 9759
That is the correct point for a center lift. Your green tape is stuck to the main cross-member. I had to use a 3" block on my jack in order to lift the OEM tires off the ground.

That is the correct point for a center lift. Your green tape is stuck to the main cross-member. I had to use a 3" block on my jack in order to lift the OEM tires off the ground.
Thank you, it's a far way back behind the engine, so the jack will have to do some heavy lifting...lol
I use a piece of wood also or a heavy rubber block as a lifting pad.

Back