First time LC owner checking in from Texas

eagles_sc

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 9, 2024
Media
Texas
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser, 2024 Jaguar F type
Hey everyone, checking in from Woodlands area. Purchased this amazing LC less than two weeks ago. Wife and I were on the list for two dealers for the GX550 but they kept pushing dates back and stating it would take 6-9 months or longer for the configuration we wanted (overtrail earth). We got lucky and found a dealer that had the Land Cruiser in stock and we even got a slight discount and after driving it we fell in love with it.

Since purchase weโ€™ve already put 1200 miles and just swapped the tires to some Falken wild peak A/T 3W in the stock 265/70/18 size. Gonna wait a bit longer for some other mods but very excited for this journey of ownership!

Attachments

• IMG_2128.jpeg
    IMG_2128.jpeg
    418.8 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2126.jpeg
    IMG_2126.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_2127.jpeg
    IMG_2127.jpeg
    412.2 KB · Views: 164
I know the Wild Peaks are stock size but they weigh more than the Michelins. Any change in gas mileage?

I know the Wild Peaks are stock size but they weigh more than the Michelins. Any change in gas mileage?
Averaged about 18.3 according to the trip average from the screen but Iโ€™ll reset and see what itโ€™s like from here on out

What did you do with the stock tires? Sell them on Facebook? Curious as I am in Austin and will likely do the same thing once mine arrives.

Averaged about 18.3 according to the trip average from the screen but Iโ€™ll reset and see what itโ€™s like from here on out
Also curious on what load range you went with? Im leaning towards doing something similar in the stock size but want to keep the weight as close to factory as possible.

Well done. That white looks sharp. How do you like it in the flesh?
I'm majorly torn between white and black now. My allocation is set for either color over Java.

What did you do with the stock tires? Sell them on Facebook? Curious as I am in Austin and will likely do the same thing once mine arrives.
As of right now keeping the stocks but will probably end up selling them at one point or another. My dad has a 2024 Tacoma trd sport and his stock tires are 265/65/18 so we figured he can use these once heโ€™s done with his set.

Also curious on what load range you went with? Im leaning towards doing something similar in the stock size but want to keep the weight as close to factory as possible.
Ended up sticking with standard cause I doubt Iโ€™ll have any use for the 10 ply

Well done. That white looks sharp. How do you like it in the flesh?
I'm majorly torn between white and black now. My allocation is set for either color over Java.
I love it! The wind chill pearl is probably one of my favorite colors which is hilarious because the wife and I used to hate white cars. But after seeing the white pearl in person on the GX and then seeing the wind chill pearl on the LC, we knew this is what we wanted.
The black is real nice too but our previous car was black so we wanted something different

I love it! The wind chill pearl is probably one of my favorite colors which is hilarious because the wife and I used to hate white cars. But after seeing the white pearl in person on the GX and then seeing the wind chill pearl on the LC, we knew this is what we wanted.
The black is real nice too but our previous car was black so we wanted something different
That is comical. I've been driving black cars and SUV's basically since the beginning of time. I have never been more torn on which color to go with than on this Landcruiser. They literally look sharp in every hue.

The last colored car I had was a 2006 Porsche 911 in Guards Red. That car garnered more unwanted attention as it stood out so much and I am still surprised I didn't lose my driver's license for life. I had to go back to black on those cars again just to ensure I wouldn't be walking. Ha

Back