First recall?

daspyknows

📛 Founding Member
Jan 29, 2024
Media
california
Vehicles
2024 Landcruiser FE (waiting on delivery), 2007 FJ Cruiser, 1992 MR2

UNDATED (WKRC) - Toyota recalled 22 vehicle models that were produced from between 2023 to 2024.

According to WHNT,Toyota announced a recall last Monday involving vehicles across 22 models which were produced between 2023 and 2024.

Back on June 22, the automaker inquired about a potential safety recall on several Toyota models. According to the report, the number of vehicles recalled would be determined by "identifying vehicles with GST accessories that display inaccurate added weight values on a load carrying capacity modification label installed by Gulf States Toyota, Inc. ("GST").

According to the initial report, owners of affected vehicles could "unknowingly overload" them.

“On the affected vehicles, the weight listed on the load carrying capacity modification label may be higher or lower than the actual total weight of accessories installed. In the worst case, a driver may unknowingly overload a vehicle, which may increase the risk of crash,” the automaker reported.

Certain vehicles across the following models were recalled, per WHNT:

• 2024 Toyota 4Runner
  • 2023-2024 Toyota BZ4X
  • 2025 Toyota Camry Hybrid
  • 2024 Toyota Corolla
  • 2023-2024 Toyota Corolla Cross Hybrid
  • 2023-2025 Toyota Crown
  • 2023-2024 Toyota GR Corolla
  • 2023 Toyota GR Supra
  • 2023-2024 Toyota GR86
  • 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander
  • 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander Hybrid
  • 2023-2024 Toyota Highlander
  • 2023-2024 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
  • 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser Hybrid
  • 2023-2024 Toyota Prius
  • 2023-2024 Toyota Prius Prime
  • 2023-2024 Toyota Sequoia Hybrid
  • 2024 Toyota Tacoma
  • 2024 Toyota Tacoma Hybrid
  • 2023-2024 Toyota Tundra
  • 2023-2024 Toyota Tundra Hybrid
  • 2023-2024 Toyota Venza Hybrid
According to WHNT, around 33,484 vehicles in total are affected by the recall.

Owners can expect notification letters to arrive on or around September 16 to September 20. According to the station, the letters will also include a replacement load-carrying capacity modification label for their vehicle and detailed replacement instructions. Owners can also get a replacement label at Toyota dealerships at no cost.

Yup covered in another thread, Toyota's going to send owners a new door sticker with instructions on how to peel the backing off and pressing the new sticker over the old one..........LOL

Yup covered in another thread, Toyota's going to send owners a new door sticker with instructions on how to peel the backing off and pressing the new sticker over the old one..........LOL
My Ford was subject to a similar ‘recall’ with an under hood sticker. I briefly toyed with the idea of booking it in with the dealer to have the recall performed, but I wasn’t sure they’d see nearly as much humor in it as I would. Unless they get to bill Ford an hour for doing it of course. Ultimately I just put the letter & sticker into the file & didn’t even bother with it myself.

When I had my Lexus, I used to look forward to service campaigns or recalls. Whenever they had one and you bought your vehicle and they would fill your gas tank. I always ran my gas tank dry before I bought it in.

Dude, that sounds too technical for me. Peel? What tool do I use to peel, like a patato peeler?? And press, how many ft/lbs do I apply? I'm just gonna sell my LC, I'm out.

Back