Extended Warranty

Anyone thinking about getting an extended warranty? If so...how much did or are you willing to pay?

I have been looking on-line and it seems there are offers for 10yr 100,00 mile (close to with.. $100.00 deductible ) bumber to bumber warranty at around $2500.00. Now I have never gotten one on a Toyota... Yet... have on several other cars that actually paid for themself and way... more! Given the newness of every freaking component on this LC. I'm thinking it may be worth it? Now... I keep my cars 10yr or more... so that plays a factor for me....

My goal is to tract the cost of different dealers that are charging for an extended warranty from Toyota. Info to be use/shared to bargin for a reduction in cost... if overcharged! we can provide to those dealers using this site....

Trying to save money!!!

While at my Toyota Dealer, in the finance office, I told the guy I was going to get an aftermarket warranty through CarShield... He asked me what the cost was, I told him that the best I could recall it was $1,300 or so for a 100,000 mile warranty... He immediately discounted their $2,900 - $0 Deductible, 10yr., 100,000 mile warranty to $1,000.00 even. :) Obviously I took that deal...

I bought the 10 year extended warranty for the Jeep in my profile pic. It was ~2500 dollar 9 years ago. I had since then in year 8 and 9 everything fail that this model is known for. Air condition compressor, radiator, oil filter housing cracked, transfer case, brake caliber, all 4 wheel bearings (yes, they were covered), power lift gate. Only the transmission hasn't died yet. I think I'm about 10 000 bucks ahead, maybe more as they didn't list labor costs on the warranty statements, only parts.
As you can imagine I'm a fan of extended warranties, especially with new drivetrains and hybrids where a battery failure in 8 years is likely.
From what I see a 10 year warranty may end up around 3-5000 bucks. Has anybody paid for an extended toyota platinum warranty for 10 years and can share the price? I assume there will be ridiculous markups on the warranty and it would be good to have a reference for negotiations.

If, by Platinum, you mean bumper-to-bumper with $0 deductible, then I paid $1,000 for one a week ago at Bristol, TN Toyota (MSRP was $2,900)

JC Toyota has a great service department, but I don't care for the sales side of things... We looked their first, then bought from Bristol Toyota.
It was smooth sailing for my sales experience there. MSRP with no dealer add ons and no pressure. Had an issue with my down payment cashiers check and they allowed me to drive off the lot and send them a corrected check when I got back to Atlanta.

It was smooth sailing for my sales experience there. MSRP with no dealer add ons and no pressure. Had an issue with my down payment cashiers check and they allowed me to drive off the lot and send them a corrected check when I got back to Atlanta.

That's good, they are known for adding a minimum of $5,000 AMV to hot vehicles... They had a Tacoma TRD Pro the other day with a $7,500 AMV on it... Crazy... I've bought 2 or 3 used vehicles from them over the years (I work in Johnson City and live near Bristol). But I prefer to work with Bristol Toyota, smaller, much more personable.

Our dealer offered the 10 year/100k warranty at something close to $6,500, we happily passed on purchasing it from them. We wound up getting the same warranty from Jerry and Midwest Toyota for ~2,200, decided it was worth it at that price for the peace of mind.

There was a Jeep Dealer in the Midwest (I am East Cost) that sold CDJR Extended Warranties for just above cost ~ $1,600 back about 10 years ago. Many on the Jeep Forums went to him. I wonder if this Bristol dealer would do the same and sell to any LC owners?

There was a Jeep Dealer in the Midwest (I am East Cost) that sold CDJR Extended Warranties for just above cost ~ $1,600 back about 10 years ago. Many on the Jeep Forums went to him. I wonder if this Bristol dealer would do the same and sell to any LC owners?
Probably worth a try but I suspect that they were only willing to go that far down on price because they were also getting the vehicle sale. I reached out to several other dealers that I found on the forums and Jerry at Midwest Toyota had the best price but the others were in the ballpark.

Back