Dripping water?

lmwong

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 13, 2024
Media
Nebraska
Vehicles
LR4
What are these drainage pipes on both sides of the under car, behind the front wheel wells. They drip water (I think), leaving pretty big puddles in my garage. They leave water marks when dry. It has not been raining BTW.

Attachments

• IMG_7959.jpeg
    IMG_7959.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7960.jpeg
    IMG_7960.jpeg
    258.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7961.jpeg
    IMG_7961.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 10
Cool. Iโ€™ve just not had this much drip (puddles!) from my other cars. It literally pools and finds the downward path toward my garage door and collects there.

Sounds like it might be excessive for the A/C, but possibly, and on both sides of the vehicle? You mentioned no rain, but possibly condensation? If your LC has one, I believe the sunroof has drains on both sides?

Water from washing windshield also has an apparent pathway down to just behind the front tire. Haven't traced it, but after cleaning windows at the gas station it always finds its way to the ground.

My '22 4Runner leaks water excessively as well. It's normal and a good thing. Toyota has routed the water away from the vehicle like downspouts on your house.

Jeep Cherokees of old had rain gutters on them which never drained. As a result, everything except the tires and the windshield rusted out in a few years.

Back