Does VIN number impact delivery date, options available, or QC status?

Dr. M

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 12, 2023
Media
Minnesota
Vehicles
Genesis GV80 Hyundai Tucson PHEV
I am wondering if those of us who are experiencing delays with our LC deliveries have early, late, middle VIN numbers. My FE LC VIN ends in 626. I am assuming that means it was the six hundred and twent sixth First Edition manufactured. I may be wrong there. But, do we have any sense if VIN is correlated with delays, option removals, QC status, etc? Let us know what you think. Thanks!

for what its worth mine (FE) is also a low vin 651 and sat in the Portland port from April 3rd to April 28th when it was processed and put on a train. Due date was this week may 20-25th but now on QC hold I am assuming at the train yard. My 1st sticker said it had a PIO Toyota air filter, 2nd sticker after it processed showed no TRD air filter. I am assuming they shipped it without the air filter and adjusted the cost. as far as the QC hold on it unsure like the rest of us. Fingers crossed for more info on friday after noon when Toyota said the dealers should check back for updates.

I wonder if Toyota is having same issue as Bmw and other auto makers who have chips from China that have been banned by USA

They have been enforced into a stop sale until they can change chips

My dealer advised the original VIN number given will actually change.

My dealer advised the original VIN number given will actually change.
That seems odd, my spec sheet and the sticker prior to processing had the same VIN, then when it processed and a new sticker was generated it had the same VIN again just seemed to have dropped the PIO installed air filter due to a shortage.

That seems odd, my spec sheet and the sticker prior to processing had the same VIN, then when it processed and a new sticker was generated it had the same VIN again just seemed to have dropped the PIO installed air filter due to a shortage.
I thought it was peculiar as well. I don't know what it would accomplish on Toyota's part to issue a pre-VIN prior to the original VIN. Likely my salesman is misinformed.

I thought it was peculiar as well. I don't know what it would accomplish on Toyota's part to issue a pre-VIN prior to the original VIN. Likely my salesman is misinformed.
Temp VINs are given out on every unit when allocation is confirmed but the unit is not built yet. Once it's built, the VIN becomes permanent.

If you're VIN has letters in the last six digits, it's a temp VIN and will change

I'm guessing they are just holding anything not delivered yet. If something needs fixed, there are less to recall. So far, I have not gotten any recall notice on mine. My VIN is 189

Back