Does it damage anything if the fuel tank runs dry?

ultane

📛 Founding Member
Jun 29, 2024
Media
SE USA
Vehicles
First Edition
Does anyone know if a damage occurs if the fuel tank runs dry? 🤔 I want to add ethanol free fuel to the tank, since it will be parked for some extended periods of time until I get moved, but want to get as much of the E10 out as possible to prevent phase separation from occurring in the fuel tank.

I answered your auestion in the other thread

I answered your auestion in the other thread
Thanks. I don’t mind deleting this thread, but wonder if it would be helpful to leave it, for others, who run out of fuel…

So is there an accurate website that publishes non ethanol gas. It used to be that 91 and above was guaranteed to be ethanol free. Not any more at least here in Canada. And some 91 such as at Costco don’t have an E10 sticker but I’m still not sure.

I first learned about it when I stumbled upon

Pure-gas.org - ethanol-free gasoline in the U.S. and Canada.

I use the app on my iPhone. It is constantly being updated by the users. Some stations get deleted, some get added. I recommend using E0 from pumps with designated hoses for the E0 fuel, not pumps that have a hose that is shared between E10 and E0.

Run it to the light and fill the tank with E0. The E10 will be super diluted at that point.

IMO, E10 isn't a concern on modern vehicles. They are designed with that in mind.

Run it to the light and fill the tank with E0. The E10 will be super diluted at that point.

IMO, E10 isn't a concern on modern vehicles. They are designed with that in mind.
My LC will be parked for a significant period of time while I complete my move from Florida. My only concern for having E10 in the tank, is that I do not want phase separation occurring in my fuel system, while I am trying to move.

My LC will be parked for a significant period of time while I complete my move from Florida. My only concern for having E10 in the tank, is that I do not want phase separation occurring in my fuel system, while I am trying to move.
My work racecar had the same tank of gas in it for over a year due to stopping extracurricular work things during Covid. No issues at all when we fired it up.

It's not going to hurt a thing. I own 7 vehicles some don't get driven but just a couple times a year. I just make sure the tank's top off to prevent condensation when I park them. If your just really worried, you can add some LUCAS Ethanol fuel treatment.

My work racecar had the same tank of gas in it for over a year due to stopping extracurricular work things during Covid. No issues at all when we fired it up.
Was it E0 race fuel? Or E10 race fuel?

It's not going to hurt a thing. I own 7 vehicles some don't get driven but just a couple times a year. I just make sure the tank's top off to prevent condensation when I park them. If your just really worried, you can add some LUCAS Ethanol fuel treatment.

It is the ‘phase separation’ that concerns me… Hence my desire to get ALL of the E10 fuel out of the system, and replace with E0 fuel.

Was it E0 race fuel? Or E10 race fuel?
E10 street. It is a street car that we use for HPDE. Nothing special about the engine that makes it a racecar. Just factory street car driveline other than the LSD.

E10 street. It is a street car that we use for HPDE. Nothing special about the engine that makes it a racecar. Just factory street car driveline other than the LSD.
I guess I have seen too many YouTube videos about phase separation in E10 fuel. It’s pretty disgusting.

Back