Disable auto start stop?

swancy119

📛 Founding Member
Jun 23, 2024
Media
Texas
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
Has anyone figured out how to disable the auto start stop? I cannot find the typical button that has been in the rest of my vehicles and my auto start stop is beyond proactive!

I’m not sure if you can since it’s a hybrid. Try checking the settings in the radio.

I’m not sure if you can since it’s a hybrid. Try checking the settings in the radio.
It cannot be disabled. Also, if you’re doing it to cut down on wear and tear on the starter, don’t even bother because the engine isn’t using a conventional starter. The electric motor starts the engine. There is a back up starter, but it is only used in an emergency.

I knew the auto stop could not be turned off and was apprehensive about my test drive. I honestly could not tell it had shut off during take off from a stop. Have been in other vehicles where it is very noticeable. I was in a Jeep and wondered why the AC was blowing hot air at a stop, then realized the engine had shut off. I paid particular attention at stops and found no similar decrease in AC with the LC.

I knew the auto stop could not be turned off and was apprehensive about my test drive. I honestly could not tell it had shut off during take off from a stop. Have been in other vehicles where it is very noticeable. I was in a Jeep and wondered why the AC was blowing hot air at a stop, then realized the engine had shut off. I paid particular attention at stops and found no similar decrease in AC with the LC.
A/C is powered by the Hybrid system

Back