Difference between LC / LC + Premium and FE

mrpoopyface

đź“› Founding Member
Jul 6, 2024
Texas
Vehicles
wagoneer
I'm trying to figure out the main differences between the LC / LC + Premium and FE. Right now it looks like:

1. Round headlights
  2. Roof Rack
  3. Mudguards

Is that it?

If you actually option a LC trim LC with what the first edition has it’s 71 SRP. So then there’s you spending around 4k on changing out the wheels and tires. 2k plus if you’re changing out the headlights. At this point you’re buying a first edition. Without it being an actual higher trim for trade in and resale. So let’s stop with the condescending first edition shit talk

1720371409481.jpeg

Attachments

• 1720371393717.jpeg
    1720371393717.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 51
I have found the Heritage Blue w/ Java interior almost impossible to get in the LC trim. Many dealers are ordering 20" alloy wheel upgrades which my salesman tells me can be swapped out for 18" wheels at the dealership. I don't think I want the lower profile tires on the 20" rims.

I have found the Heritage Blue w/ Java interior almost impossible to get in the LC trim. Many dealers are ordering 20" alloy wheel upgrades which my salesman tells me can be swapped out for 18" wheels at the dealership. I don't think I want the lower profile tires on the 20" rims.
I think the 20" wheels certainly look better, but obviously less suitable for off-roading.

Wasn’t even directed at you. But yeah the post you just made and past posts
Wasn't sure if it was directed my way since nothing above me seemed triggering, but I must have missed the past posts. Certainly didn't mean to be 'condescending', but when I looked at the differences I couldn't find where ~$5k+ went. I know that Toyota has been updating their build site, so perhaps now more options are listed that weren't before, and it is now more accurate. Wheels being black versus grey I wouldn't consider in the equation. I'll give you $2k for tires, but I'm going to 275s or 285s, so that also doesn't register for me since I was changing them out anyway. They have added the trans skid plate since I first looked, so I'll add that into my Excel table. ;)

So... maybe $4k+.

6k…. You clearly have some type of insecurity about it.
You’re not even right

Also standard
Real leather
2 real steel skid plates
Rock rails

If you wanna rock 20’s and like those headlights happy fucking birthday to ya 👍. 4-5k not 6k

Here it is again ^. Was trying to not argue :). It’s all good whatever. It’s just opinion. But saving thousands is always great

6k…. You clearly have some type of insecurity about it.
You’re not even right

Also standard
Real leather
2 real steel skid plates
Rock rails

If you wanna rock 20’s and like those headlights happy fucking birthday to ya 👍. 4-5k not 6k
It's back! No idea WTF you're talking about re: 'insecurity', but clearly you are triggered, so be it.

Leather comes with the Premium package. Your previous comment about 20" wheels doesn't apply, as it is an option.

I just looked again, and the price is still $5645 more for an FE, assuming one does not change the headlights (is there even a price for them yet?). I turned down an FE because of the round headlights. I'll assume your mileage varies.

Wasn't sure if it was directed my way since nothing above me seemed triggering, but I must have missed the past posts. Certainly didn't mean to be 'condescending', but when I looked at the differences I couldn't find where ~$5k+ went. I know that Toyota has been updating their build site, so perhaps now more options are listed that weren't before, and it is now more accurate. Wheels being black versus grey I wouldn't consider in the equation. I'll give you $2k for tires, but I'm going to 275s or 285s, so that also doesn't register for me since I was changing them out anyway. They have added the trans skid plate since I first looked, so I'll add that into my Excel table. ;)

So... maybe $4k+.
I find it difficult to keep up with those changes. Plus the cyber attack has made communication via email challenging for my salesman. Their dealership shut down emails after the attack.
It's back! No idea WTF you're talking about re: 'insecurity', but clearly you are triggered, so be it.

Leather comes with the Premium package. Your previous comment about 20" wheels doesn't apply, as it is an option.

I just looked again, and the price is still $5645 more for an FE, assuming one does not change the headlights (is there even a price for them yet?). I turned down an FE because of the round headlights. I'll assume your mileage varies.
I made the same decision on the rounds and got taken off the waiting list entirely at Kalspell Toyota. This waiting list crap has really hurt the dealerships. Toyota is playing games with their allocation schemes and seem to have lost their way as they cannot get their piggies to market. I appreciate the clarifications on the differences in the options here. Thanks to all. BTW I thought Trigger was a horse...

First edition really boils down to the headlights. The cost to switch will require a few parts from the bumper assembly plus ~$1,000 per headlight. If you don’t plan to keep the FE stock and plan to exchange the rock rails, rack, add different wheels etc the FE doesn’t make sense unless you want to avoid the hassle of swapping headlights. I have a FE on order because I prefer the round headlights/Trail Dust combo and don’t want to mess with the bumper assembly/new headlights. That said, I do want to add an aftermarket bumper and winch and a different roof rack to accommodate a bigger rooftop tent. Probably better off getting a LC LC edition and then doing the upgrades but I don’t want to mess with the headlight swap.

Not triggered. Its just a truck to me. i think the person making multiple posts that suggest a first edition is pointless is the dick here. But I just like to stand up for people even if it’s just fellow FE owners. Im saying if you’re making a first edition out of a premium it’s almost a wash with money and not a first edition when it comes to resale. If you want all the options but keeping the wheels and headlights yeah it’s a fat savings and opinion based as well

I think the 20" wheels certainly look better, but obviously less suitable for off-roading.
I like the simplicity of the stock rims plus I am a Michelin fanboy. I have seen Michelin Trails on most of the FEs and some 20K mile Dunlops on the 20" wheels. I understand the Michelins are made to Toyota's spec. but still hope to get their high mileage warranty. I saw Yokoyama tires on a 1958. Don't know anything about that brand of tire.

Not triggered. Its just a truck to me. i think the person making multiple posts that suggest a first edition is pointless is the dick here. But I just like to stand up for people even if it’s just fellow FE owners. Im saying if you’re making a first edition out of a premium it’s almost a wash with money and not a first edition when it comes to resale. If you want all the options but keeping the wheels and headlights yeah it’s a fat savings and opinion based as well
Right.

Perhaps I missed any significant difference in the wheels between the FE and the LC trim? Is it just matte black vs. matte grey? Also missed a 'dick' saying it was 'pointless', but it's not like I'm taking notes here...

So if I wanted to make a lc trim out of a fe it would cost me 4k for tires, a couple grand for the upgraded rectangular lights. Probably a grand for the upgraded roof rack. Another grand for running boards not to mention it is already 6k more… Honestly, they are both great vehicles and ultimately share the same drivetrain, little things like headlights and rims/tires or obviously colors are going to be subjective. Get whatever you like and/or can afford. I’m happy for anyone who gets either of the three trim options.

Back