Dealer scratched all 4 wheels - then made it right (so far)

pickax

📛 Founding Member
Jul 22, 2024
Media
Kennewick WA
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser J250; 2001 Cherokee XJ; 1995.5 V6 Tacoma SR5 (now my son's)
I had the Hermiston OR Toyota dealership install new tires on day one – unfortunately they scratched up all 4 wheels down to the base coat; like if one clamped the wheel with some vice grips and then pulled/dragged across (you would have thought the tech might have noticed after the 1st wheel … ). They owned it and arranged to send over their “wheel guy”. I’ve never dealt with wheel repair and was skeptical. It took a while to resolve due to scheduling, but yesterday ClearTech out of Kennewick WA showed up and a 3-man pit crew went to work sanding and painting right there in my driveway – it was hard to watch 😬

I couldn’t believe the result – perfect match of color and sheen, no trace of any scratch, even close up under an LED flashlight. Durability - only time will tell, but right now I have zero complaints.

Chatting with the guys I learned that they work with dealerships in Hermiston, Tri-cities WA, Walla Walla, Les Schwab, etc. etc. – their next stop was a Dodge dealership where they had 17 wheels to repair. Total pros. Perhaps not the same result for all wheel finishes, and certainly not for chrome – but for these OEM wheels it turned out great, and knowing ClearTech is out there relieved my curb-rash anxiety going forward.

Attachments

• 20240926_093735.jpg
    20240926_093735.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 35
From what I have seen these wheel repair businesses are pretty good. There is a company I see that works at a few dealerships near me. That reminds me I really need to get their name and number for that “just in case” scenario

Back