Dash cam and radar detector power from rearview mirror.

JustinHEMI

📛 Founding Member
Aug 27, 2024
TN
Vehicles
2024 LC250
I have confirmed that the linked adapter works in our review mirrors (with homelink only). I can't speak to whether it works with the rearview mirror with a camera as my LC doesn't have the premium package.

Just needed to pop off the top half of the cover. Getting it back together was the hardest part and I'm not convinced mine is even back together correctly, but it's holding for now. :)

I like this adapter because it provide two USB ports with which I'm powering my dashcam and radar detector. It's cool also because you don't have to connect both USB ports, so there's versatility.

Amazon.com

PXL-20240902-184816377.jpg

I ordered the DashCam Kit from Fitcamx.

The installation was the easiest I had ever done. Their dashcam came with a dongle to splice power from mirror. it also came with a 64G MicroSD. The rear camera also works well.

What sucks is that when using dongle to power the dashcam, it does not record while vehicle is parked. So i am gonna look into that hardwire kit.

Also luckily battery is in the trunk so I think I can run some fused 12V into the cab easily. this will solve my problem with powering my radar detector but I still need to get an Ignition wire from the engine bay. Will update more.

I beleive Dongar stated that the 10 pin adapters will only work on homelink mirrors only, not the mirrors with the rear cam. Instead you will use their other adapter that ties into the factory dash cam plug by the map lights.

I want to do this, any tips on removal and re-installation of the cover? Also, which do you plug into? Does it matter?

TIA

Back