Comparison of lighting quality between square v. round headlights?

VTLC250

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jun 17, 2024
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Anyone come across a comparison of the quality of light emitted from the square vs. round headlights?

I have a deposit on a First Edition, but am not seeing much value in the upcharge for mudflaps... in fact, I'd rather have roof rails to the factory rack. I'd opt for the mid-grade if I learned that the square lights have superior illumination over the round ones... call me crazy!

Anyone come across a comparison of the quality of light emitted from the square vs. round headlights?

I have a deposit on a First Edition, but am not seeing much value in the upcharge for mudflaps... in fact, I'd rather have roof rails to the factory rack. I'd opt for the mid-grade if I learned that the square lights have superior illumination over the round ones... call me crazy!
No direct comparisons yet but the round to me are more an aesthetic decision. Squares should outperform the round since they have 3 beams

I'm thinking it's the lumens in the round vs the total lumens in the square ..... vs the reflectors / beam pattern.

Time for a couple of forum members who want to rack up a couple thousand Youtube views in a short while to schedule a get together and do a comparison. Bonus points and likes If you setup a deer decoy on the side of the road and film while you drive by it to compare performance of the different headlights!

Time for a couple of forum members who want to rack up a couple thousand Youtube views in a short while to schedule a get together and do a comparison. Bonus points and likes If you setup a deer decoy on the side of the road and film while you drive by it to compare performance of the different headlights!

MT HIghway Patrol:
1718828041962.png

I have a FE locked up in QC. When, and if, it ever makes it to Chicago I would be happy to meet up with someone with the square headlights for a comparison.

I have round headlights in San Diego if anyone with rectangles wants to meet up.

Triple bonus points if you can find a bored Sasquatch to stand there instead of the deer decoy.

Back