Check your tire pressures

Syed117

đź“› Founding Member
Jul 23, 2024
Media
NY
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 250
Door sticker says 33 for all tires. My dealer did not drop from 50 so I didn't even realize until I saw the pressures in the app later on.

Dropped to 33-34 and reset the tpms and it made a huge difference at slower speeds around town. Highway was fine at 50, but was definitely getting some shudder over bumps on local roads

Noticeably more comfortable on the 20s now. I'm sure it's even better on the 18s. Still surprised by how comfortable it is.

My LC FE 18” Michelins were at 39 to 41 PSI, and I thought it had a nice ride. I lowered them to 35 PSI all the way around the following morning and the ride improved. The next morning I lowered them again to 33 PSI, which further improved the ride.

I had the same experience. Arrived at about 42psi. I lowered to 35 and the ride improved considerably. I also noted the phone app shows a different tire pressure than the vehicle. Although I did not reset the TPMS the vehicle matches my own TP monitor and the phone app seems 3-5 lbs. high.

I had the same experience. Arrived at about 42psi. I lowered to 35 and the ride improved considerably. I also noted the phone app shows a different tire pressure than the vehicle. Although I did not reset the TPMS the vehicle matches my own TP monitor and the phone app seems 3-5 lbs. high.
Sometimes, it takes the app a short while to update to the new pressures, at least that is the case for Miss Daisy, when I was lowering the pressures that came in her Michelins.. 46PSI IIRC, down to 33-32PSI.

Door sticker says 33 for all tires. My dealer did not drop from 50 so I didn't even realize until I saw the pressures in the app later on.

Dropped to 33-34 and reset the tpms and it made a huge difference at slower speeds around town. Highway was fine at 50, but was definitely getting some shudder over bumps on local roads

Noticeably more comfortable on the 20s now. I'm sure it's even better on the 18s. Still surprised by how comfortable it is.
Yeah, I posted on that as well! I can’t understand WHY the dealership does that! Mine had 55 PSI and I couldn’t understand why it rode like SH*T! I pulled over and noticed that door sticker said “33 psi”. I went to a local tire shop and the DEFLATED my tires to the correct psi…. A world of difference…so, the question is why/who decided to put 50-55 psi in them originally.🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Yeah, I posted on that as well! I can’t understand WHY the dealership does that! Mine had 55 PSI and I couldn’t understand why it rode like SH*T! I pulled over and noticed that door sticker said “33 psi”. I went to a local tire shop and the DEFLATED my tires to the correct psi…. A world of difference…so, the question is why/who decided to put 50-55 psi in them originally.🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
It has been said on this forum, that they are filled that way from the factory, so that they don’t get flat spots in them while being shipped, sitting for long periods on a ship, and in port.. YRMV..

Makes since….
The monitors take a little bit to update because their batteries go to sleep. Drive about 50 feet and it wakes them up.

Yes, they come from the factory overfilled to probably 50 pounds. The stealership is supposed to check it but they’re lazy.

Yes, they come from the factory overfilled to probably 50 pounds. The stealership is supposed to check it but they’re lazy.
IIRC, my Michelins had over 50 psi in them.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw on the sidewall of my tires, maximum inflation pressure… 44 PSI..

Back