Ceramic coating , and paint protection

That is the part I don’t trust the shop. They claim PPF under ceramic coating is a lifetime. Anybody with common sense understand nothing last forever. So according to your experience even just for ceramic coating it is $1500 plus $125x20. The cost including tax and inflation over ten years is potentially over $5K already.

So the part of my argument that is subjective is that keeping our LC shining and splashing really worth this much money? When I drive my LC at 2040, would I care more how good it looks, or how well it runs on and off pavement?

I do, however, want to tint my window as it is more functional rather than aesthetic. Without it everything inside the cabin degraded at least several times faster given I live in southern state close to the desert.
All valid points. Its expensive, you shouldn't use brush car washes again, and needs periodic refresh.
Why i did it. I foam canon wash and it is great time saver for that. I dont want to wax my car again. Park outside often and gives me more hardwater spots, bird and sun protection.
My opinion after having it now for a month. Improved shine and depth like a wax does, keeps car cleaner longer, i can often just blow off dust or Easy spot clean a bird dropping. Power canon washing is easier and rims stay cleaner or r easier to wash.
To me would be worth doing it on a black car. Less so on a white car.

All valid points. Its expensive, you shouldn't use brush car washes again, and needs periodic refresh.
Why i did it. I foam canon wash and it is great time saver for that. I dont want to wax my car again. Park outside often and gives me more hardwater spots, bird and sun protection.
My opinion after having it now for a month. Improved shine and depth like a wax does, keeps car cleaner longer, i can often just blow off dust or Easy spot clean a bird dropping. Power canon washing is easier and rims stay cleaner or r easier to wash.
To me would be worth doing it on a black car. Less so on a white ca

That is the part I don’t trust the shop. They claim PPF under ceramic coating is a lifetime. Anybody with common sense understand nothing last forever. So according to your experience even just for ceramic coating it is $1500 plus $125x20. The cost including tax and inflation over ten years is potentially over $5K already.

So the part of my argument that is subjective is that keeping our LC shining and splashing really worth this much money? When I drive my LC at 2040, would I care more how good it looks, or how well it runs on and off pavement?

I do, however, want to tint my window as it is more functional rather than aesthetic. Without it everything inside the cabin degraded at least several times faster given I live in southern state close to the desert.
I agree with @DogStar84, it makes clean up much easier and much faster, no waxing, and bird droppings do a number on paint.. Will I continue to do it 15 years from now, not so sure I will even have the vehicle 15 years from now, however it also helps in the resale value because the vehicle looks much better down the road, only you can decide if it's worth it, how much are you going to wheel, what kind of trails are you going to be taking, heavy brush or fire trail paths, and as @DogStar84 stated I have a black vehicle so ya, much better with it, though I did it on my white 4Runner as well that my son jumped on as soon as I bought the LC, lol.

I agree with @DogStar84, it makes clean up much easier and much faster, no waxing, and bird droppings do a number on paint.. Will I continue to do it 15 years from now, not so sure I will even have the vehicle 15 years from now, however it also helps in the resale value because the vehicle looks much better down the road, only you can decide if it's worth it, how much are you going to wheel, what kind of trails are you going to be taking, heavy brush or fire trail paths, and as @DogStar84 stated I have a black vehicle so ya, much better with it, though I did it on my white 4Runner as well that my son jumped on as soon as I bought the LC, lol.
100%. I did my MGM tacoma and Meteor LC but not my other white car.
And white car i also just run thru a brush car wash.
The taco and LC get driven on dirt roads and parked outside too.
And Im done waxing!

Plus, i like cars to look good. My LC is for camping but also for work with clients.
Lotta money yea but im not figuring its $5k was just over $1k at ceramic pro. Annual tune up too keep it at top condition. I may not do that who knows.
And im not thinking about 7-15 years down the line.

I will say my 4 yr old tacoma that has seen a lotta dirt trails, dogs and camp trips still looks near new

I do have to say, ceramic coating do not protect/prevent water spots. I almost think they make them easier to form as they promote water beading. It's well documented online. I feel like I have to constantly wash my vehicle to prevent the waterspots from becoming permanent. It does make for quick washes though. I don't think I will do it on future vehicles going forward.

I do have to say, ceramic coating do not protect/prevent water spots. I almost think they make them easier to form as they promote water beading. It's well documented online. I feel like I have to constantly wash my vehicle to prevent the waterspots from becoming permanent. It does make for quick washes though. I don't think I will do it on future vehicles going forward.

Does it help protect against scratches from automatic car washes?

Sorry, but no, nothing will prevent that from happening there, unless it's a touchless car wash.

I just put up a poll to get a consensus on Ceramic Coating, be interesting to see everyone's thoughts on it.

Thanks guys. I do start to feel I might not want to do a PPF but still considering ceramic coating. I expect my car to drive in deep snow and desert, heavy dust or mud... etc but probably not doing any bushwhacking

Back