Ceramic Coating a rip-off? How about PPF?

You should try removing it even though it may not be yellow or cracked it is dried . It won’t be fun and only gets worse

We've had the same guy put PPF on our cars for many years. He comes to our house and does it in our garage in about half a day.

He used to use 3M PPF but has been using Xpel (not sure of the spelling) PPF for over 10 years now. We haven't had any problems with it cracking, yellowing, peeling off or anything else. I just sold my 10 year old Highlander and its PPF looked good as new.

The great thing about having it done by a custom installer is he uses 24-in wide PPF, not the 12-inch stuff the dealer puts on. He also cuts it to fit the car, instead of using pre-cut patterns. That way, he can tuck the PPF into unseen places like under the edge/lip of the hood. This results in far fewer exposed seams to catch dirt and grime. One other benefit is that you can wash your car and make sure it's perfectly clean when he applies the PPF, as opposed to driving it to the shop and having the PPF guy do a quickie wipe down.

Our family has had 6 hybrids and a few other cars get PPF treatment and none has had an issue. IMO, PPF does a much better job of protecting against rock chips and, as it is coated with something akin to clear coat, it takes a wax job just as well as paint.

I just removed the ppf from Porsche it was 5 years old . It wasn’t to bad removing but my car stays inside heated and cooled shop and not out much . I was amazed at how much better the paint looked without the ppf . I couldn’t tell it until I removed the ppf , but it was not a clear as new. The paint did look good , but not putting ppf back

Back