Catalytic Converter Shield

Reggie

📛 Founding Member
Jun 9, 2024
Colorado Springs
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser First Edition, 2015 4Runner SR5
Does anyone know of an anti-theft catalytic converter shield that is available for the 2024 LC? It seems that they're not available quite yet. Who would be the top vendors when they do become available. I live in Colorado. We seem to have the distinction of being #1 in the country (in a bad way) for auto thefts and catalytic converter heists.
This is my first ever post. If I should have do something different please educate me (in a good way).

Welcome to the forum Reggie! Sorry to hear you live in a high converter theft area. Our daughter caught a couple of these folks under her 4Runner busy with a saw, called the cops, and they were apprehended. Also interested in the CC theft prevention on a LC, so will be following this thread.

Someone else can comment on this, but I do believe that Toyota sells a transmission shield ? I thought there is a thread about this shield? From what it seemed, it looks like the transmission shield also looks like it covers the catalytic converter? If so, maybe the shield with tamper resistant bolts could provide some protection ?

Does anyone know of an anti-theft catalytic converter shield that is available for the 2024 LC? It seems that they're not available quite yet. Who would be the top vendors when they do become available. I live in Colorado. We seem to have the distinction of being #1 in the country (in a bad way) for auto thefts and catalytic converter heists.
This is my first ever post. If I should have do something different please educate me (in a good way).
I was terrified to leave my ‘19 LC in parking lots when I visited my daughter in Denver .. she’s in Castle Rock now but .. I’m interested in this info also -

I had the same concern about protecting the catalytic converters since I’ll be parking my LC on city streets. In the Car Care Nut’s review of a 1958, he spends a long time showing the bottom of the vehicle. It looked to me like the catalytic converters are higher in the undercarriage and didn’t look to be easily accessible for a thief. I have not worked on cars that much, maybe someone with a little more mechanical knowledge could weigh in though.

The Catalytic converter is way up right off the engine. Someone is going to have a heck of a time trying to steal that. If they do, you have more problems with everything they cut out to get to it.

Addautomotive.com has them

Back