Cargo floor temperature?

APIOQM

📛 Founding Member
Dec 5, 2023
Media
Ottawa, ON
Vehicles
NA Miata, FB2 Civic, J250
Has anyone noticed if the cargo floor gets warm during prolonged use, on account of the battery being directly below? I’m wondering if this would be a problem for dogs.

Took my dogs to and from Tahoe in 100 degree weather with no issues. The AC vents in the roof are great and keep the cargo area very cool and the dogs were super happy. Opened the rear hatch and it was like opening a refrigerator door.

Attachments

• IMG_2401.jpeg
    IMG_2401.jpeg
    324.7 KB · Views: 77
Took my dogs to and from Tahoe in 100 degree weather with no issues. The AC vents in the roof are great and keep the cargo area very cool and the dogs were super happy. Opened the rear hatch and it was like opening a refrigerator door.
Oooohhhh, what dog barrier are you running?

The battery has rear vents with filters on the wheel well that need to be kept clear/open... Should not be an issues unless you block the vents... also... check the filters on occasion for dog hair.

Oooohhhh, what dog barrier are you running?
Jerry rigged system now. We used the MIMSafe Variobarrier headrest medium in our Mercedes GLS. MIMSafe is a Swedish company that makes great barriers for crash safety. LC headrests don’t raise up high enough for the headrest version though, so it won’t work. I ordered the standard Variobarrier Medium, which will ship direct from Sweden once available in about 3 or 4 weeks.

Hope it will work…should fit, but not positive if it can be set right enough over that storage where the tool kit is.

Are your dogs Deadheads as well? Love it!

Back