Build time

Midmarkwest

📛 Founding Member
Feb 14, 2024
Minnesota
Vehicles
4runner
Apologies if this has already been discussed…

What is the typical build time for a 2024 Land Cruiser, start to finish, at the factory in Japan? How long does it take from build start to vehicle completion?

My LC trim with prem package shows a build date of 4/15 and departed on ship on 4/25. Made it to Portland on 5/12 and now sitting at port, probably with the infamous Quality Check hold, but dealer still hoping for 6/27 delivery to TN.

My LC trim with prem package shows a build date of 4/15 and departed on ship on 4/25. Made it to Portland on 5/12 and now sitting at port, probably with the infamous Quality Check hold, but dealer still hoping for 6/27 delivery to TN.
Wow, that’s faster than I’d expect from factory to ship.

My build date was 3-19-24; Vessel departed 03-30-24; Vessel arrived Portland 04-12-24; Stuck at the port till "no one really knows".

On another forum, someone broke down the allocation/PIO shipping process, to summarize .... If the dealer is a small volume dealer, or there's a shortage in parts during PIO installs.....they'll get it when they get it.

Apologies if this has already been discussed…

What is the typical build time for a 2024 Land Cruiser, start to finish, at the factory in Japan? How long does it take from build start to vehicle completion?
My FE build date was 3/21, loaded on the vessel on 4/12, and it arrived at port on 4/22 - then it sat at Port of Portland until yesterday (5/17) awaiting PIOs and out processing before the QC hold was placed. My dealer is in the same state as the Port, approximately 4-5 hours away.

My FE build date was 3/21, loaded on the vessel on 4/12, and it arrived at port on 4/22 - then it sat at Port of Portland until yesterday (5/17) awaiting PIOs and out processing before the QC hold was placed. My dealer is in the same state as the Port, approximately 4-5 hours away.
Dang that just sucks....... Hopefully they'll be released soon.

How do all find this information ? I have vin and options from Toyota inventory search , but it tells me nothing about build , shipping , hold etc . It say sale pending

How do all find this information ? I have vin and options from Toyota inventory search , but it tells me nothing about build , shipping , hold etc . It say sale pending
I ask my sales person to check on the progress, and he sends me screenshots from his system, like the one below.
timeline.png

Back