Breaking in my 2024 Land Cruiser 1958

sammoffett

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 3, 2024
Media
Brenham, TX
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
Hey there - I've been waiting for the 1958 for many months now. I'm really glad toyota brought a true utilitarian off road vehicle back to the US market instead of trying to compete with range rover. nothing against the 200s....but this is more my speed. if the 70 series was available in the US i'd be driving it! I had an 80 series that i wish i hadn't sold so I'm glad to be back in a LC!

When i bought my 1958 a month or so ago, i immediately put 33" KO2s on it and a front runner roof rack with ROAM Vagabond XL RTT....have spent 10 days in colorado driving jeep trails and camping on top of my LC and I love the vehicle more than ever. Might be nice to have a front diff lock but i certainly haven't needed it yet. Will probably put a 2" lift and 35s on it once i get down the road a bit. I will say that the factory side step rails got destroyed on the trail as they got snagged on stuff....but I'm planning to put rock rails on anyway so I didn't shed any tears.

Anyway - happy to be here and to learn and contribute where i can! - Sam

Attachments

• IMG_3187.jpg
    IMG_3187.jpg
    985.1 KB · Views: 171
Looks rad with the BFGโ€™s!!!!
Are those the new K03โ€™s? Let us know your thoughts. I just got an underground, looking to trade up to BFGโ€™s. I live in Farmington, close to some cool stuff in SW Colorado. Thx!!!!

Come out to the next Rigs and Churros event on the 31st in Pearland! We have a couple 250s coming out! Would love to meet you in person and check it out.

Come out to the next Rigs and Churros event on the 31st in Pearland! We have a couple 250s coming out! Would love to meet you in person and check it out.
that sounds cool! Would love to come out wife permitting :)

Looks rad with the BFGโ€™s!!!!
Are those the new K03โ€™s? Let us know your thoughts. I just got an underground, looking to trade up to BFGโ€™s. I live in Farmington, close to some cool stuff in SW Colorado. Thx!!!!
Thanks! They are KO2s. I like them considering that most of my miles are highway. We took it up to Southern Colorado this summer (Cuchara area south of Pueblo) and hit a bunch of jeep trails....it did great!

that sounds cool! Would love to come out wife permitting :)
Date/Time/Location is on our IG @Rigsandchurros our facebook group is Rigs and Churros HTX. I believe theres 5 of us on there so far with LC250s but I am hoping more will join as its such a new platform. We can all learn from one another and this meet is the biggest overland specific gathering in town.

My names Viet by the way. Hope to meet you soon!

Hey there - I've been waiting for the 1958 for many months now. I'm really glad toyota brought a true utilitarian off road vehicle back to the US market instead of trying to compete with range rover. nothing against the 200s....but this is more my speed. if the 70 series was available in the US i'd be driving it! I had an 80 series that i wish i hadn't sold so I'm glad to be back in a LC!

When i bought my 1958 a month or so ago, i immediately put 33" KO2s on it and a front runner roof rack with ROAM Vagabond XL RTT....have spent 10 days in colorado driving jeep trails and camping on top of my LC and I love the vehicle more than ever. Might be nice to have a front diff lock but i certainly haven't needed it yet. Will probably put a 2" lift and 35s on it once i get down the road a bit. I will say that the factory side step rails got destroyed on the trail as they got snagged on stuff....but I'm planning to put rock rails on anyway so I didn't shed any tears.

Anyway - happy to be here and to learn and contribute where i can! - Sam
You definitely be above timerline... Good picture. Reminds me of riding dbs in Silverton/Ouray.

Back