Bike Rack option for people who like easy

LCNorth

📛 Founding Member
Jan 31, 2024
Media
Ontario
Vehicles
LC FE, CX-30
Picked up a Thule T2 Pro XTR hitch mounted bike rack on a Labor Day sale.

It has no hitch pin, therefore no issues with the width of the hitch receiver. It uses an internal friction wedge combined with a pin arm. The arm has a nice wide arc and fits the LC easily.

It also holds the bikes far enough away that it only beeps in proximity, not the stop alarm.

It also tips down to allow access to the hatch. And it’s actually far enough out and down to clear wide handle bars.

It’s also very solid, and can handle the weight of e-bikes.

Finally, it has wheels on the bottom, making it a breeze to put away for storage.

Attachments

• IMG_0047.jpeg
    IMG_0047.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0050.jpeg
    IMG_0050.jpeg
    481.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0051.jpeg
    IMG_0051.jpeg
    497.8 KB · Views: 61
I have the same Thule rack and have absolutely loved it for the past few years as a two bike rack.

My oldest kid moved up to a 20” bike this year however, so it was time to expand to 3/4 bikes on the rack.

I tried the +2 bike extender on the Thule but it resulted in the most massive heavy and longest rack imaginable. It became terrible and prohibitive to use. And converting from 2-4 or back was not something you would want to do often.

So I ended up just sucking it up and buying an entirely new 1Up rack system. Huge upgrade for the 3+ bike rack scenario. 1 Up is a little spendy but it lives up to the hype.

Back