supersix

Administrator
Staff member
📛 Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Media
Vehicles
2014 4runner, 2021 Bronco
Auxbeam 7x5 lights installed behind the grille. I ran across this light setup on FB and wanted to share it here. Looks like a good fit.

2024-LC-BehindtheGrilleLights1.jpg

2024-LC-BehindtheGrilleLights2.jpg

Auxbeam 7x5 lights installed behind the grille. I ran across this light setup on FB and wanted to share it here. Looks like a good fit.

View attachment 2540

View attachment 2541

looking for something similar, maybe a little smaller in blue flashers (fire dept response)

I think they look great. Perfect for additional driving lights for off road like say driving on a beach. I might do that as well. Also, dark roads or highways where there a deep present, this would be awesome as well.

I did see one site were a LED bar light was integrated into the Bumper area. I'm hopeful that Victory 4X4 creates a mini winch bumper like they did on the Tacoma (see my avatar) for the LC
I had emailed them about this and they replied:

"We have plans for a full product lineup for the new LC. Ours is expected to arrive next month, so I’m guessing you will see products roll out in August/September."

I had emailed them about this and they replied:

"We have plans for a full product lineup for the new LC. Ours is expected to arrive next month, so I’m guessing you will see products roll out in August/September."
Nice, I didn't contact them because they are pretty quick on new vehicles. I was hoping my LC could have been the ginny pig for the new mini bumper, but since it still hasn't left port...... ain't going to happen....LOL.

Last edited:
I have had good success on Toyota grills with JB weld and threaded metal strips.

I determine if the best mount would be flat to the grill or protrude from the back of the grill. For flat mount, I take a piece of 1/8" aluminum strip slightly narrower than the void on the back side of one of the grill bars (plastic bars) and long enough to support the weight that will be mounted to it.... simple pod light that may weigh 1/2 lb 4"-5" will do.
I drill and tap a mounting hole in the location the light will bolt on to.
I drill some holes along the length to give the JB weld something to adhere to.
I coat the mounting bolt with a little bit of Vaseline and thread it into hole I tapped previously.
I apply painters tape to any areas of the grill that I don't want the JB weld on
I fill the void in the plastic grill bar with JB weld and press the alum bar into place, making sure the JB Weld oozes through the holes I drilled earlier. I keep a small container of water handy to coat my finger as I smooth out the JB weld. (JB weld doesn't stick to a wet finger very well).
I keep testing the hardness of the JB Weld until it's firm but not completely hard and take a utility knife blade and trim/square any offending areas. Let it dry for a day, remove the mounting bolt and complete the install.

On light bars or bigger grill signs/lights (see my avatar) I mount a strip on the top and bottom and sometimes the sides, then use strap to connect the bar to the mounting points. On the FE grill it appears there a substantial Top bar and a narrower lower bar.

Kind of long-winded post but it works very well for plastic grills

I've been pondering putting a set of these (driving light version) behind the grill. I'm not sure what's back there to mount to? These are small enough that they shouldn't cut air flow much

Stage Series 6" SAE/DOT White Light Bar (pair).
Unless that brand is your "gotta have" , I have used these cheapos as Backup lights and rock lights with good success (3 years now)
1718849251952.png

Unless that brand is your "gotta have" , I have used these cheapos as Backup lights and rock lights with good success (3 years now)
View attachment 3181
On my FJ the main thing I want is brighter street legal high beams for dark rural highways and roads, as opposed to off road lights. Hopefully the LC's lights will be enough better that I won't need that, but if not I'll probably stick with SAE/DOT approved lights. I don't have any personal experience with this brand, I run KC Gravity LEDs on the FJ and really like them. No room for lights out in front of the grill on the LC though!
F24615FF-0567-4B9B-B336-7B15687407DE.jpeg

Sharp setup, Can't beat the KC's...... well maybe the price....LOL

I don't have the "Brand" but watt for watt Lumen for Lumen I don't mind paying 1/2 price at all!

Cool aesthetic, but not very functional to mount a fog light that high.
When you are driving down gnarly roads in the dark, dawn or dusk, especially in Mexico, you’ll be glad you have them.. you’re less likely to die or hit a kid running across the road..
granted, you might not see a whole lot more of the road right in front of you, but everybody else will be much more aware that you’re coming, and you’re more likely to see the donkey or black horse walking across the road with them on. Good idea

View attachment 2540

View attachment 2541

I’m going to seem really ignorant here, what did they wire them too?
Took about two minutes to put them behind grill on ‘21 4runner

When you are driving down gnarly roads in the dark, dawn or dusk, especially in Mexico, you’ll be glad you have them.. you’re less likely to die or hit a kid running across the road..
granted, you might not see a whole lot more of the road right in front of you, but everybody else will be much more aware that you’re coming, and you’re more likely to see the donkey or black horse walking across the road with them on. Good idea
Sounds like a case for clear driving lights, not yellow fog lights.

Sounds like a case for clear driving lights, not yellow fog lights.
I’ll definitely concede that, honestly never occurred to me You couldn’t switch them to white. I thought Amber only lights were for I wanna be ford trucks

Back