Auto Lock while walking away?

So on mine, the button did nothing. I hooked up my AUTEL computer and enabled it and now it does exactly what it's supposed to do. Beeps then closes the hatch and locks all the doors.

I just got my LC FE late last night. I believe I saw something in the manual about an auto lock after 60 seconds. I have to dig more to find it.

I just got my LC FE late last night. I believe I saw something in the manual about an auto lock after 60 seconds. I have to dig more to find it.
Pretty sure that's........ if the unlock button (doesn't matter which source) is activated and the door isn't opened, it will auto-lock 60 seconds later. The delay is adjustable to (30, 60, 120, off)

That sounds correct. Great clarification. Thanks!

So........ working on the LC today, finished up and pushed the "Shut and Lock" button as I normally do........ just beeped at me. Pressed the shut button..... shut like normal....... hmmmm went a got the key fob, opened it back up pressed the "lock and walk" did what it was supposed to do, carried the fob back into the house and again it didn't work, retrieved the fob and it worked.

Long story shorter........ the fob has to be in the near vicinity in order for the Shut/lock/walk away works...... who knew.

So........ working on the LC today, finished up and pushed the "Shut and Lock" button as I normally do........ just beeped at me. Pressed the shut button..... shut like normal....... hmmmm went a got the key fob, opened it back up pressed the "lock and walk" did what it was supposed to do, carried the fob back into the house and again it didn't work, retrieved the fob and it worked.

Long story shorter........ the fob has to be in the near vicinity in order for the Shut/lock/walk away works...... who knew.
Thank you!

Long story shorter........ the fob has to be in the near vicinity in order for the Shut/lock/walk away works...... who knew.This is how it works on every vehicle I have ever owned. If there is no key or the key is left in the vehicle, the lock button at the tailgate or handles will not work.

This is how it works in every vehicle I have owned. If there is no key or the fob is left in the vehicle the buttons will not work at the tailgate or the door handles.

So to add to the rear hatch drama......... I had stopped the hatch from fully opening to get some extra shade in the rear while I was working (press the button again and it'll stop) What I didn't know, the mech remembers the last position of the hatch (not fully opened in this case) closed it normally when I was done. When I opened the hatch this morning it went to the last known position and I didn't notice and all most popped my head. Instinctively I just pushed the hatch open a few more inches without using the fob, needed to run an errand and pressed the closed button, just beeped at me but didn't move. Tried everything I could think of, nothing....... Logged into TIS and found the reinitialize procedure for the rear hatch. If the 12v system is disconnected or goes flat you have to reinitialize a couple of things one of them being the rear hatch.

To reinitialize the rear hatch......... Manually close it all the way, Done.

Attachments

• BACK DOOR CLOSER ECU- INITIALIZATION.pdf
    124.1 KB · Views: 42
Auto Lock while walking away? Do we have this? LC trim with Premium Package.

thanks!
I was disappointed that you cannot program this on the LC as I'm used to walking away and having the vehicle automatically lock. According to the owner's manual, this must be customized by the dealership. I talked to the service manager at my dealership today and made an appointment for them to do it tomorrow.

I was disappointed that you cannot program this on the LC as I'm used to walking away and having the vehicle automatically lock. According to the owner's manual, this must be customized by the dealership. I talked to the service manager at my dealership today and made an appointment for them to do it tomorrow.
This has been discussed numerous times and youโ€™re wasting your time. The stealership cannot customize this because it does not exist. The only way this will work is if the hatch is open and you push the button and walk away. There is no function to where the car locks when you just close your driverโ€˜s door and walk away.

Thanks. I'll find out tomorrow...

This has been discussed numerous times and youโ€™re wasting your time. The stealership cannot customize this because it does not exist. The only way this will work is if the hatch is open and you push the button and walk away. There is no function to where the car locks when you just close your driverโ€˜s door and walk away.
I bow to your wisdom, o sage one, although I won't say you told me so. Here's the quote from the dealership:

"Thanks for reaching back out and I understand. From what I understand, there is no automatic "walk-away" lock feature on any new Toyota."

Although this is contrary to what it says in the owner's manual, the service manager is supposed to contact me tomorrow, probably with more of the same. I know it's no biggie, but I'm used to walking away and having my vehicle's doors lock. Until I get in the habit of swiping the door handle, or using the remote after I've walked away, I'm sureI'll forget to lock it sometimes.

I bow to your wisdom, o sage one, although I won't say you told me so. Here's the quote from the dealership:

"Thanks for reaching back out and I understand. From what I understand, there is no automatic "walk-away" lock feature on any new Toyota."

Although this is contrary to what it says in the owner's manual, the service manager is supposed to contact me tomorrow, probably with more of the same. I know it's no biggie, but I'm used to walking away and having my vehicle's doors lock. Until I get in the habit of swiping the door handle, or using the remote after I've walked away, I'm sureI'll forget to lock it sometimes.
If you set up the app on your phone, it will give you a notification that your doors are unlocked and then you could remotely lock them. This is a paid service after the first year. I am OCD and I really like the remote feature.

Before they built remote features into garage door openers, whenever I went on a trip, I would make it a point to take a picture of my closed garage door. That way when I made it to the bowels of Tijuana, I could pull out my phone and look at that picture and rest easy.

Cool, thanks, Cap'n!

Before they built remote features into garage door openers, whenever I went on a trip, I would make it a point to take a picture of my closed garage door. That way when I made it to the bowels of Tijuana, I could pull out my phone and look at that picture and rest easy.
Thanks for the great idea! Iโ€™m that guy & should be trying this. Even though my door is new enough to have remote features.

If you set up the app on your phone, it will give you a notification that your doors are unlocked and then you could remotely lock them. This is a paid service after the first year. I am OCD and I really like the remote feature.

Thanks again. That remote app is great! I have now used it many times to lock the LC when I forget to and it reminds me.

Back