Auto Lock while walking away?

What about unlocking the feature through OBD using Carista? My 2016 trail had it, so this one should also be there.

This is a configurable option by the dealer on some models. I have asked my dealer to let me know. I have an appointment to try and get it enabled if so. See the pic attached. The feature is called “walk-away” locking.
IMG_1341.png

What trim level do you have? Interested if it works on LC grade without premium package.
I have a First Edition. But that information in the manual is not trim level specific. I just noticed the feature mentioned in the manual and went online to find videos like this. I have nothing more than this to go on until I’ve spoken with Service.

This is a configurable option by the dealer on some models. I have asked my dealer to let me know. I have an appointment to try and get it enabled if so. See the pic attached. The feature is called “walk-away” locking. View attachment 5077
It is already configured on the Land Cruiser. It is a button on the hatch that you push and walk away. This so-called walk away feature is not a close the door walk away and your doors lock. It is a physical button on the hatch that needs to be pushed.

1721243555744.png

No but all you have to do is touch the tiny black sensor on the handle and it locks it. Just discovered that while washing it lol.
While I agree there is not much effort required to lock the doors with the key fob, door handle, or phone app; our last 4 vehicles have had this useful function.

Living with a toddler can at times result in forgetting rather simple things. When I get her out of my wife's Chevrolet Bolt I know when I shut the doors they will lock.

Also, while my wife won't drive the Toyota that much, if she had to take it to work, she gets up early and is not a morning person.

I went by and spoke to Toyo Service yesterday. The have no idea about this vehicle since it’s that new. They agreed to play with the settings at my cost in labor. I am not willing to pay to educate them so I will submit to what we do know. The rear hatch does have the walk-away feature. Hopefully they can push an OTA update to give us the feature for the doors at some point.

Well rats, what I have seen is that walk away auto locking is lacking for many/most Toyotas. As a first week owner, this is one of the few issues I have not been able to resolve.

There is an option in the LC I saw for the walk away auto lock. I believe it was already enabled. I decided to try it. Opened the hatch, hit the walk away button and it gave a slow continuous beeping sound and did nothing. I hit it again and the beeping stopped. Maybe I should have walked away while it was beeping to see if hatch would start to close. I will try playing with it more and post any findings. There may be other options to set regarding the back door that need to be configured. What am I doing wrong. Has anybody made it work?

There were many other options that can be configured like the HUD. You can tilt it forward or backward, curve the display in or outward, lower and raise it. A few simple setting like you would find on a TV set. Customized to your viewing.
It was set at normal. Just right for me as I am average height but I slouched down and the display disappears, so I raised it and came back in view so based on your height it allows you to customize it.

There is an option in the LC I saw for the walk away auto lock. I believe it was already enabled. I decided to try it. Opened the hatch, hit the walk away button and it gave a slow continuous beeping sound and did nothing. I hit it again and the beeping stopped. Maybe I should have walked away while it was beeping to see if hatch would start to close. I will try playing with it more and post any findings. There may be other options to set regarding the back door that need to be configured. What am I doing wrong. Has anybody made it work?

There were many other options that can be configured like the HUD. You can tilt it forward or backward, curve the display in or outward, lower and raise it. A few simple setting like you would find on a TV set. Customized to your viewing.
It was set at normal. Just right for me as I am average height but I slouched down and the display disappears, so I raised it and came back in view so based on your height it allows you to customize it.
Just walk away.

Attachments

• IMG_0340.jpeg
    IMG_0340.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 47
Back