Apple CarPlay is Garbage- Did we get the Beta version?

Since my iOS 18 upgrade on my iPhone 13, I’ve had multiple issues with CarPlay. The vehicle microphone constantly turns on even though I have sirius set to off, and it mutes the radio. This happens frequently. I’m not pressing any buttons when it occurs. Just driving or sitting idling. It constantly occurs.
In addition, I find that at least once a week I have to disconnect the phone forget Toyota on Bluetooth and reconnect everything. LC is built solid, but the technology sucks.

I just got my Land Cruiser yesterday and the car play has been horrible. Every phone call I'm on, the car play automatically switches back to the phone instead of the actual speakers and microphone of the car. I have to his speaker/mute on the phone to get it to go back through the car. This has happened regardless if I'm wireless or wired. And I have hard reset the phone and hard reset the car infotainment. Still happens. Very disappointed esp for a car 2 days old.

I don't remember where but there is a setting for the default of speaker, car etc..... I do not remember where I changed the setting, my daughter walked me through it.

Sorry to hear of all the whoas on here. My CarPlay has been almost flawless since day one. Running a 13 mini (wireless connect) on IOS 17.6.

Maybe it's more of an IOS version issue than the LC?

Back