ANYONE WITH A FIRST EDITION TRY TO CARRY A 4X8 SHEET OF PLYWOOD?

Dr. M

📛 Founding Member
Aug 12, 2023
Media
Minnesota
Vehicles
Genesis GV80 Hyundai Tucson PHEV
Greetings. Just got my LC FE two days ago. Yay! So far, no issues. I am wondering how I can transport a 4x8 sheet of plywood on the roof using the First Edition Rack? Anyone know the brand name, attachments that would make hauling a 4x8 sheet easy and safe? Thanks!!! Dr. M

To do it safely you should do something like this so that it is supported full length and has hard stops on the front to handle braking:

Agreed. However, the LC FE rack doesn’t have stops at the ends. Nor does it have longer cross bars. Just wondering if anyone has seen add-ons such as these. Thanks!

Agreed. However, the LC FE rack doesn’t have stops at the ends. Nor does it have longer cross bars. Just wondering if anyone has seen add-ons such as these. Thanks!
Yeah but it has T-slot channels or something right? I'm saying just make these out of 8ft 2x4s with steel brackets at the ends.. then find a way to mount the 2x4s to your rack which shouldn't be hard.

Ahhhhh. Yes! That makes sense. Should be able to find T-slot hardware at e-trailer.com. Thanks a million. Dr. M

Amazon has a very large assortment of T slot hardware. Not all T slots are the same size.

Back