AirDownGearUp SS1: Drawer, Kitchen, Storage and Sleeping Platform Systems for 250 Series Land Cruiser

Air Down Gear Up

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 3, 2024
Media
Frederick Colorado
Vehicles
2007 LX470, 2016 LX570, Non-owned 2024 LC250, 2013 LX570
image1.jpeg

Hello 250 Series Owners!

Air Down Gear Up is pleased to introduce our 250 Series Land Cruiser system. As a brief introduction to anyone who may not know us from other vehicle offerings, we specialize in making premium vehicle storage, sleeping and kitchen systems. Our system utilizes an all-aluminum frame mounted directly to the vehicle via a solid, machined aluminum 'anchor bar'. We focus on integrating as cleanly with the vehicle as possible. We want our system to enhance the appearance of your vehicle AND provide a lifetime of high performance.

We created an exact fit system to perfectly compliment your 250 Series. Our system can be configured with or without the integrated, convertible (and patented!) sleeping platform. The sleeping platform is self-supporting and does not impact the 2nd row in any way. You can run our sleeping platform with or without your 2nd row in place.

image0.jpeg

The drawers feature full extension, ball bearing slides that provide full and easy access to all of your gear. The slides feature a lock-in and lock-out mechanism (an all-metal component for a lifetime of predictable use) to provide safe, rattle free access to your gear. We utilize a particular slide with adjustable stops, meaning there is ZERO noise from these drawers when stowed. In addition to the lock-in/lock-out mechanism, a keyed lock can also be included to prevent unwanted access to your valuables. The drawers contain 100% rattle-free, moveable dividers so you can dial in your storage exactly to your needs.

image0 (1).jpeg

The drawers are compatible with both our slide out table and the drawer top work surface. The slide out table is a fantastic addition to the system, as it provides a great place to prepare food, stash gear, hold a drink, run a stove, anything you need! The slide out table is quick deploying and can be used with the drawer open or closed.

image4.jpeg

This system can also be configured with an integrated Dometic CD30 Drawer Fridge. This is becoming a very popular configuration with our customers, as the powered fridge offers enough space for most trips while still providing a flat cargo space above the system for sleeping or other cargo needs. This offers a high degree of flexibility with the system.

image2 (1).jpeg

What other details can I provide about our 250 Series system?

I'm interested in more detail or pictures of how it works in the second row area. I think you said it can be used with the second row seats, how does that feature function?

I'm interested in more detail or pictures of how it works in the second row area. I think you said it can be used with the second row seats, how does that feature function?
Yeah, a little video would be helpful to see how it converts with the sleeping area slideout. Not sure how it's supported over the 2nd row when it's folded down.

Also curious how time it would take to remove the drawer system if I needed to transport some very large items a couple times a year

1000007446.jpg

Here's a picture of the 2nd row area with the sleeper deployed in the 250. This sleeper functions in the exact same way as the 4Runner. The sleeper deploys on a set of heavy-duty slides and is supported underneath by a very simple frame.

We have a more detailed overview video of the 4Runner system, if you skip to 3:50 in the video linked below you'll see more how the sleeper works.

Yeah, a little video would be helpful to see how it converts with the sleeping area slideout. Not sure how it's supported over the 2nd row when it's folded down.

Also curious how time it would take to remove the drawer system if I needed to transport some very large items a couple times a year
We're a little light on pictures, so i'll have to do my best to just explain this!

The system is secured near the rear hatch with two turnbuckles that can be disconnected in a minute or so, and then attached vehicle-forward with our proprietary 'anchor bar' The anchor bar is solid machined aluminum, and connects to the frame structure with 3 brackets. You loosen the bracket and simply slide the system out.

In the shop we could have this system installed/removed in about 15 minutes.

So this looks like what I want but without the sleeper option. Have a clarifying question about pricing. The site lists base price of $2,043. Then shows driver and passenger basic drawers as an option for $899 each. These basic drawer pricing is higher than a cooler drawer. Or do you need the 899 drawer plus the 679 cooler?

Finally confirming that the total price for the system to have just two basic drawers is $3,841? So in the base package there are no drawers included at the $2043 price?

Agreed that some clarity would be good on that. I was looking at ADGU last fall and would swear that a system with sleeping platform and 2 drawers was more in the realm of 2500-3000, seems like the pricing has increased quite a bit.

So this looks like what I want but without the sleeper option. Have a clarifying question about pricing. The site lists base price of $2,043. Then shows driver and passenger basic drawers as an option for $899 each. These basic drawer pricing is higher than a cooler drawer. Or do you need the 899 drawer plus the 679 cooler?

Finally confirming that the total price for the system to have just two basic drawers is $3,841? So in the base package there are no drawers included at the $2043 price?
I was ready to get these until I realized the same thing. Over $4k including tax for two drawers?? No way.

Yeah, I had a severe bout of sticker shock when I realized $2k didn't get you a couple basic drawers. I'm just looking for something to put my portable air compressor, tools, and some recovery gear in. I can see the extras adding onto it but $4k+ for a base setup no sleeper, and two basic drawers is really steep. Holding off for something with storage in the $2K to 2.5k range or just go DIY. My DIY won't look pretty but it will do for what I need/want.

Catching up on this thread a bit; Some conversation about pricing: Our system is very modular, with customers running many different configurations. We 'start' with the base platform, which includes the anchoring, and the primary, cargo-area tops and we add from there. This allows people to dial in exactly what's right for them, which often doesn't include drawers for the added flexibility.

Pricing varies of course depending on these options, which is all detailed on the website. Our systems represent the top end of the market in terms of weight, functionality, adaptability, aesthetics, materials, etc. Cheap/Inexpensive is not part of our design philosophy!

We hold the Land Cruiser in high esteem, so we have created a product to match that will offer a lifetime of high performance, and back it with a comprehensive lifetime warranty.

Catching up on this thread a bit; Some conversation about pricing: Our system is very modular, with customers running many different configurations. We 'start' with the base platform, which includes the anchoring, and the primary, cargo-area tops and we add from there. This allows people to dial in exactly what's right for them, which often doesn't include drawers for the added flexibility.

Pricing varies of course depending on these options, which is all detailed on the website. Our systems represent the top end of the market in terms of weight, functionality, adaptability, aesthetics, materials, etc. Cheap/Inexpensive is not part of our design philosophy!

We hold the Land Cruiser in high esteem, so we have created a product to match that will offer a lifetime of high performance, and back it with a comprehensive lifetime warranty.
Can you expand on how the sleeper part is resting or secured on the folded seats? The pictures make it look like all the weight is just resting on the two aluminum/silver bars that extend?

View attachment 3881

Hello 250 Series Owners!

Air Down Gear Up is pleased to introduce our 250 Series Land Cruiser system. As a brief introduction to anyone who may not know us from other vehicle offerings, we specialize in making premium vehicle storage, sleeping and kitchen systems. Our system utilizes an all-aluminum frame mounted directly to the vehicle via a solid, machined aluminum 'anchor bar'. We focus on integrating as cleanly with the vehicle as possible. We want our system to enhance the appearance of your vehicle AND provide a lifetime of high performance.

We created an exact fit system to perfectly compliment your 250 Series. Our system can be configured with or without the integrated, convertible (and patented!) sleeping platform. The sleeping platform is self-supporting and does not impact the 2nd row in any way. You can run our sleeping platform with or without your 2nd row in place.

View attachment 3882

The drawers feature full extension, ball bearing slides that provide full and easy access to all of your gear. The slides feature a lock-in and lock-out mechanism (an all-metal component for a lifetime of predictable use) to provide safe, rattle free access to your gear. We utilize a particular slide with adjustable stops, meaning there is ZERO noise from these drawers when stowed. In addition to the lock-in/lock-out mechanism, a keyed lock can also be included to prevent unwanted access to your valuables. The drawers contain 100% rattle-free, moveable dividers so you can dial in your storage exactly to your needs.

View attachment 3883

The drawers are compatible with both our slide out table and the drawer top work surface. The slide out table is a fantastic addition to the system, as it provides a great place to prepare food, stash gear, hold a drink, run a stove, anything you need! The slide out table is quick deploying and can be used with the drawer open or closed.

View attachment 3884

This system can also be configured with an integrated Dometic CD30 Drawer Fridge. This is becoming a very popular configuration with our customers, as the powered fridge offers enough space for most trips while still providing a flat cargo space above the system for sleeping or other cargo needs. This offers a high degree of flexibility with the system.

View attachment 3885

What other details can I provide about our 250 Series system?

I feel not using the storage boxes space come with the car is a crime for this small LC. Do you have a decent solution to take advantage to these spaces, and potentially anchor the drawer system to a more solid base rather than that "no-more-than-120lbs" plastic storage?

View attachment 3887

Here's a picture of the 2nd row area with the sleeper deployed in the 250. This sleeper functions in the exact same way as the 4Runner. The sleeper deploys on a set of heavy-duty slides and is supported underneath by a very simple frame.

We have a more detailed overview video of the 4Runner system, if you skip to 3:50 in the video linked below you'll see more how the sleeper works.

I have to say this is next level designโ€” beautiful.

Can you expand on how the sleeper part is resting or secured on the folded seats? The pictures make it look like all the weight is just resting on the two aluminum/silver bars that extend?
You are exactly correct! That is part of our patented sleeper mechanism that allows the sleeper to be self-supporting. Those are heavy-duty slides that are attached to the main structure of the system, which support the sleeper when deployed. There are additional brackets, plates, etc that create the necessary structure to allow the sleeper to stow and deploy as a self-supported piece.

I feel not using the storage boxes space come with the car is a crime for this small LC. Do you have a decent solution to take advantage to these spaces, and potentially anchor the drawer system to a more solid base rather than that "no-more-than-120lbs" plastic storage?
the 120 pound limit sticker is a very confusing and misunderstood thing for this new LC250. That only applies to the actual small cover of the cubby itself. That limit does NOT apply to the entire cargo area floor.

In our system, the small cubby nearest the tailgate does get burried as a compromise for mounting the system, but the added utility/storage capacity of the drawers far eclipses that Small cubby.

We do retain access to the cubby near the 2nd row however. By extending the drawers and flipped the 2nd row forward, you have access to the cubby. This would be a good space to store things you want to keep in the car, but only need on an occasional basis. items such as tow straps, jumper cables, fluids, etc would be well suited for this space.

Back