Active Noise Cancellation

icurnmedic

📛 Founding Member
Jul 7, 2024
NC
Vehicles
2024 LC
Anyone know how to disengage this feature?
Had a sub installed and it produces a lot of feedback.

I do not, but I am curious about a sub install. Would you mind sharing what model Land Cruiser you have?

I purchased the Landcruiser trail dust. For what it’s worth I placed a switch on the speaker to where I can turn it off If I’m not gonna be listening to the bass. it is a blue stitch solobaric (sp?)kicker 12 inch. I’ve also noticed it doesn’t give the feedback as much when the radio is playing even low.

Do we even have active noise cancellation? Can’t find any mention of this in the manual.

100%.
It is detected thru the little "speakers" at the sun visors and 1 over the rear seat.
Probably a good feature , but the whole Subwoofer issue is a pita.

Yepper, depending on the audio system you have.

Attachments

• Act Noise Control Sys (except 6 Speakers)_ CUSTOMIZE PARAMETERS.pdf
    87.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Act Noise Control Sys (for 6 Speakers)_ CUSTOMIZE PARAMETERS.pdf
    87 KB · Views: 83
Can anyone confirm if the rear hatch has a sub or are we looking at the "speaker" that is part of the ANC system? The rear hatch on the GX550 has a ANC speaker that people thought were dummy speakers.
Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 2.46.04 PM.png

Can anyone confirm if the rear hatch has a sub or are we looking at the "speaker" that is part of the ANC system? The rear hatch on the GX550 has a ANC speaker that people thought were dummy speakers.
View attachment 9720
Part of the system

Attachments

• Act Noise Control Sys (for 6 Speakers)_ PARTS LOCATION.pdf
    414.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Act Noise Control Sys (except 6 Speakers)_ PARTS LOCATION.pdf
    692.1 KB · Views: 42
Pretty sure it's part of the noise cancellation crap.
Makes sense why the system sounds anemic to people with it trying to flatten out the curves and eliminate frequencies it thinks are noise. Great for driving around without the stereo on but neuters the stereo.

Sounds like the best solution is sound deadening and defeating ANC. Like all first model year vehicles, probably best to be patient and wait for the market to bring us solutions before I screw something up in mine when it arrives 😂

What if the weird noises everyone's been hearing aren't real and are being generated by the system to get you to bring it in so the dealership can rack up some warranty work........... Stranger things have happened......LOL

I think the illustrations from EOD Guy just show that it uses all the woofers from the stereo to generate the ANC sound, not that they are exclusively for ANC.

I suspect the "6 speaker" is for 1958 and the "except 6 speaker" is LC/FE

I am 100% sure that the 20cm speaker in the hatch on the LC trim (base not premium) is used as a subwoofer. I have the hatch trim removed, connected my PC via bluetooth, generated a 40hz signal and can watch and feel the woofer move. Doing a frequency sweep makes it look like the sub has a low pass filter around 150-200hz

I was wondering about that, thanks!

Do you know if there is a way to adjust the Equalizer or DSP settings in Carista too?
I haven't found it, but the 250 isn't official supported yet so I am sure they will add more options.

I've noticed that it sounds like i am underwater while driving sometimes and now realize its probably b/c of the ANC, is there any way to turn this off?

Back