Activate 1958 Factory Subwoofer?

spakins

đź“› Founding Member
Aug 14, 2024
Media
Reno NV
Toyota put what appears to be a disabled subwoofer in the lift gate on the 1958. Anyone try to activate it? I assume the wiring is there too. Likely requires amp.

Attachments

• IMG_8807.jpeg
    IMG_8807.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 176
I have an LC with premium package and either my sub isn’t connected or it’s the most ineffective sub I’ve ever seen. The JBL system has very poor bass and it honestly seems like all of the bass from the system is coming from the front door speakers. I need to climb in the back and see if that sub is actually doing anything at all.

So I checked on mine, no sound whatsoever. Very interesting discovery. Thanks for the tip off. Wondering what I can do to fix it now.
Does this car have active noise cancelling? If so, and could the subwoofer be only related to that? Just tossing out ideas.

I have no sound from the rear sub located in the 1958 tailgate either. I've been waiting for a fix for this without tearing apart my LC.

I think it would have to have something to do with the head unit in the 1958 version...don't think things would work properly unless there is an aftermarket add on to provide a crossover type filter for the sub-woofer to work.

There is a thread on here about the Beatsonic amp that does help the 1958 head unit...my guess is that those folks would have an idea if there is a way to integrate the Sub into the system.

I'd be all over it ...as I have the 1958.

I think it would have to have something to do with the head unit in the 1958 version...don't think things would work properly unless there is an aftermarket add on to provide a crossover type filter for the sub-woofer to work.

There is a thread on here about the Beatsonic amp that does help the 1958 head unit...my guess is that those folks would have an idea if there is a way to integrate the Sub into the system.

I'd be all over it ...as I have the 1958.
The sound is decent. It's a shame they just left that sub woofer out. I also noticed in the audio settings there is no front to rear fader.

From the GX550 forum. Sounds like what you are looking at are for the active noise cancelation system in the vehicle. This is why they do not appear to emit sound.
Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 2.46.04 PM.png

Back