A moron has been granted access to your forum

RUN-8

đź“› Founding Member
Jun 8, 2024
Black Hills of South Dakota
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tundra 4X4 Double Cab 5.7L V8, 2015 Chevrolet SS LS3 V8
Greetings from the Black Hills of South Dakota, where a semi-literate knuckle dragging misanthrope has managed to fool the verification tool on this forum into believing that I am in fact a human with a functional frontal cortex. As all of you will find out in the coming days and weeks it's a miracle that I know how to use indoor plumbing much less a computer. Now you are stuck with me.

I'm currently living in the southern Black Hills where I ply my trade of locomotive engineer on a Class 1 RR. I've been driving the same 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4 with a 5.7L V8 since late 2007 because I am a tight wad. In 2015 I bought a Chevrolet SS with an LS3 V8 because a RWD only 415HP sport sedan is a super practical car in the winter here, up until last year it didn't matter because we had a little Scion tC as a winter beater for my wife, unfortunately it was hailed out last year. After nearly 17 years of driving the same truck I am ready to get something else. More accurately I am going to add something else to the fleet as I see no need to trade off a functional 4X4 1/2 ton truck with enough "patina" to make me feel no guilt in using it as a truck.

My short list has gotten shorter since I am not really all that fond of the new 3rd Gen Tundra because it lacks a full time 4 wheel drive option, and the outward visibility leaves a bit to be desired. I test drove a Sequoia and didn't like anything but the iForceMax twin turbo v6 hybrid, the ride was kind of crap, visibility was identically poor to the Tundra, and the rear cargo area and 3rd row are deeply flawed.

So at the moment it is down to the new 2024 Land Cruiser LC trim or a GX550 Overtrail. This wouldn't even be a contest if the twin turbo V6 and 10 speed could be optioned in the Land Cruiser, but I have to consider the Land Cruiser as more practical given the nearest Lexus dealer being 310 miles away.

So I'm here to do some research.

I am in the same boat regarding a GX, the nearest dealer being many miles across the state. So, on the waiting list for a LC with the local small dealer, literally within walking distance. Agree with you re the Tundra, and the recent engine woes, even though they are allegedly not present on the current stock, turns me away. Also, have to have full-time 4WD for our winters. However, the Tacoma Limited does have full-time 4x4 (center Torsen), so that was considered.

Greetings from the Black Hills of South Dakota, where a semi-literate knuckle dragging misanthrope has managed to fool the verification tool on this forum into believing that I am in fact a human with a functional frontal cortex. As all of you will find out in the coming days and weeks it's a miracle that I know how to use indoor plumbing much less a computer. Now you are stuck with me.

I'm currently living in the southern Black Hills where I ply my trade of locomotive engineer on a Class 1 RR. I've been driving the same 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4 with a 5.7L V8 since late 2007 because I am a tight wad. In 2015 I bought a Chevrolet SS with an LS3 V8 because a RWD only 415HP sport sedan is a super practical car in the winter here, up until last year it didn't matter because we had a little Scion tC as a winter beater for my wife, unfortunately it was hailed out last year. After nearly 17 years of driving the same truck I am ready to get something else. More accurately I am going to add something else to the fleet as I see no need to trade off a functional 4X4 1/2 ton truck with enough "patina" to make me feel no guilt in using it as a truck.

My short list has gotten shorter since I am not really all that fond of the new 3rd Gen Tundra because it lacks a full time 4 wheel drive option, and the outward visibility leaves a bit to be desired. I test drove a Sequoia and didn't like anything but the iForceMax twin turbo v6 hybrid, the ride was kind of crap, visibility was identically poor to the Tundra, and the rear cargo area and 3rd row are deeply flawed.

So at the moment it is down to the new 2024 Land Cruiser LC trim or a GX550 Overtrail. This wouldn't even be a contest if the twin turbo V6 and 10 speed could be optioned in the Land Cruiser, but I have to consider the Land Cruiser as more practical given the nearest Lexus dealer being 310 miles away.

Welcome to the forum. Did you enlist AI to write your intro? I reads that way to me. This is a good place to get feedback for your research.

Welcome. I was all in on the Gx but its gas tank/range is too small for me, at 15/21 mpg rating for the V6. Plus its caught up in the engine recalls. Also a number of forum complaints from new gx owners reporting heavy vibrations and other strange anomalies. So for that reason, I’m out.

Jury is out for me on the LC till they clear these ambiguous “quality control“ hold (my dealer quoted 56 days from mid may).

Last edited:
The GX has a 21 gallon fuel tank FYI.

IMG_0301.jpeg

Toyota/Lexus are very conservative with the fuel gauge reading though, so don’t be surprised if both the LC250 and GX550 show “empty” when there’s still 2-4 gallons of fuel still remaining. They do this to keep owners out of trouble, and more importantly to keep the fuel pump submerged at all times. The fuel pump is cooled by the fuel surrounding it, and Toyota/Lexus want it to live a long service life free of warranty claims, so they adjust the fuel gauges to show empty with plenty of reserve knowing some owners will drive around on a nearly empty tank only add a little bit of fuel and possibly damage their fuel pump. Probably something more common in other world markets where fuel is more expensive and populations less affluent, but Toyota does it across the board. You can still use all of it, just carry a 5 gallon Jerry can when you try it since you will not get a gauge reading past “empty”.

Welcome to the forum. Did you enlist AI to write your intro? I reads that way to me. This is a good place to get feedback for your research.
No, I don’t need AI to disparage myself and annoy others. I’m perfectly capable of positively ID’ing myself as a moron to others without assistance.

Personally, I thought your introduction narrative was very entertaining, not objectional at all...
I quite agree, no way objectionable. I try to remember daily not to take myself too seriously.

Personally, I thought your introduction narrative was very entertaining, not objectional at all...

Well give it time.

Someone will post something that I can’t resist insulting and I’ll offend someone. It’s inevitable.

visibility was identically poor to the Tundra, and the rear cargo area and 3rd row are deeply flawed.
I felt the exact same way about this

Back