91 octane none ethanol vs premium

muskrat43

đź“› Founding Member
Mar 18, 2024
Media
Salisbury, MD
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat, 2023 Honda Pioneer 1000 SxS
Discussions of regular vs premium have been beaten to death. In my area we can buy 91 octane non ethanol fuel for about the same price as premium. I use non ethanol in everything I own with an ICE engine including my Ford F150. Hopefully in the next month I'll get together with a dealer at my price! Any thoughts on premium vs non ethanol?

My LC LC just arrived today and will pick up Friday! Maybe the supply is improving. There were 3 Land Cruisers on the truck

Attachments

• 20240717_130351.jpg
    20240717_130351.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 38
I run 91 ethanol free as well in all my vehicles new and old. Personally, my view has always been, If I wouldn't run ethanol gas in my lawn mower I damn sure am not running it in my vehicle.

I always go with 91 as well. I even put it in my 4R every 4th fill or so to top it off after I fill up my 911.

I put 91 in absolutely everything.

My LC LC just arrived today and will pick up Friday! Maybe the supply is improving. There were 3 Land Cruisers on the truck
I have noticed that as well. Sharp Trail Dust with 20s. Well done.

E0 vs E10…

I bought my first new vehicle in 2006. Chevy Avalanche. Got it $10,000 below MSRP. Never got below 21.5 mpg on the interstate (NOT hypermiling). Then when E10 showed up at Costco ~2008, my MPG immediately dropped to 19 MPG.. on the very first tank…

E0 can be difficult to find sometimes. So I use the Pure-gas app on my iPhone. The 91 octane E0 is even more difficult to find.

I will be picking up my LC FE in a few days.

Does anyone know if the initial fuel input in Japan is E0 fuel? Seems like they would do that since many of these vehicles are going to be shipped far and wide, and they probably don’t want phase separation to occur in their vehicles while waiting on new owners to acquire them..

Back