285/75/18 with Toytec 1.5 front levelling kit

manu george

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Sep 13, 2024
Canada
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser 1958
Hi I am planning to upgrade my tires to 285/75 R18 on stock wheels on my 1958 with TOYTEC 1.5" FRONT LEVELING KIT. Most of my daily trips are in city and occasionally on highways. I live in Atlantic Canada so snow is also another factor to consider. I am unsure which brand of tire to go with. Can you advise which would be best. Short listed brand are

• Toyo Open Country A/T III
  • BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO3
  • Goodyear wrangler duratrac

Appreciate your response โœŒ๐Ÿผ

I
Hi I am planning to upgrade my tires to 285/75 R18 on stock wheels on my 1958 with TOYTEC 1.5" FRONT LEVELING KIT. Most of my daily trips are in city and occasionally on highways. I live in Atlantic Canada so snow is also another factor to consider. I am unsure which brand of tire to go with. Can you advise which would be best. Short listed brand are

• Toyo Open Country A/T III
  • BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO3
  • Goodyear wrangler duratrac

Appreciate your response โœŒ๐Ÿผ
I can only speak to the BFG'S and then only the KO2's but they have been outstanding in the snow and ok on wet roads. It's my understanding the KO3's are improved in wet weather handling. The KO3's are on my short list for the LC when I get it.

I just got my truck on Sunday so still have the stock street tires .. but I had Pirelli Scorpion AT+ on my previous Subaru ... fantastic tires, great in snow, rain, and dirt. Decent in mud. Quiet at speed, long wearing, and very tough on rocks / bumps / curbs etc... When I got my first set, they were 10 lbs lighter PER TIRE than KO2s. They are the first major thing I'm putting on my new truck.

I just got my truck on Sunday so still have the stock street tires .. but I had Pirelli Scorpion AT+ on my previous Subaru ... fantastic tires, great in snow, rain, and dirt. Decent in mud. Quiet at speed, long wearing, and very tough on rocks / bumps / curbs etc... When I got my first set, they were 10 lbs lighter PER TIRE than KO2s. They are the first major thing I'm putting on my new truck.

But I donโ€™t see 285/75/18 option on their website

Back