2025 4Runner tease

The new Tacoma is far better than the 3rd gen. Based on the videos there are a lot of 6' plus and 200 ++ pound people that fit. My problem is the overall visibility. I just sit lower than the last 3 gens of the 4R. I keep my seat adjusted to the lowest and farthest back position and have great front and side views. In the 4th gen Tacoma all I see is the dashboard and high side doors. Some may not notice it but it really stands out for me. You can see it in the profile.

I'm really happy that I'm buying the Land Cruiser because it affords the same or slightly better seating position and visibility than the 5th gen 4R.

View attachment 1536
Isn’t the 6 Gen 4 Runner dimensionally larger than the 5 Gen? Maybe it’s me but my brain doesn’t compute it in the photos.

Isn’t the 6 Gen 4 Runner dimensionally larger than the 5 Gen? Maybe it’s me but my brain doesn’t compute it in the photos.

The 6G is about longer but around 5 inches lower in height than the LC. Even lower than the 5G. Sit in a new Tacoma. The visibility and seating position is horrible compared to all previous gen 4Rs. It will be the same with the 6G 4R.

The 6G is about longer but around 5 inches lower in height than the LC. Even lower than the 5G. Sit in a new Tacoma. The visibility and seating position is horrible compared to all previous gen 4Rs. It will be the same with the 6G 4R.
Great comments and right on. My wife disliked the new Tacoma thought visibility was terrible and she’s been driving 2 tundras 2 4R’s (which she loved) and an FJ (poor visibility poor ventilation for dogs). I agreed drove it mostly to feel the engine. So if the new 4R is an enclosed version with shorter wheelbase no question the LC is the choice maybe some day mine will arrive!
But then again when I see the new 4R in person at some point I may have no choice but to buy one of those too!

4Runner will no doubt be a great vehicle. After comparing specs between a 4R and LC², we switched our deposit from the LC² to the 4Runner...for about a week. We stopped by the dealership to check on things and my wife sat in a new Tacoma. Her literal words: "I'm going to be sad if the 4Runner looks and feels like this." It took me about 30 seconds to switch our deposit back to the LC². While the drivetrain is identical assuming a hybrid 4Runner, there are other differences that make the additional $ worth it to us. We're planning for this next vehicle to be a long-term hold, and I want to be excited by it, not feel like I'm compromising to save some $. To each their own.

Back