2024+ LC Production Updates (USA/Canada)

I had a funny feeling you would know of Torfab based on your location reference. Glad yours is staying and yes TF get's deep into the wallet if your not careful. Seems to be the best at what he does though.
Knowing it’s in the best of hands at Torfab makes the pill a little easier to swallow. And a good portion of the work I approved was not necessary at this time—I elected to take care of everything now so I don’ t have to go back once a year. Coercing my wife into driving 50 miles to run my shuttle is something I don’t want to deal with any more than I have to 😂

Any guesses on total production volume for 2024? I know it is a fools errand to try to figure out when I may actually have the opportunity to buy based on where I am on a dealers wait list, but still.

First 5,000 to first edition which is about the total US sales for the 200 series. 1,200 Toyota dealers, 4Runner sold about 110K units last year, so guessing volume is more than 200 series, but less then 4Runner, is 40k a good guess, resulting in maybe 40 units this year for a higher volume dealer and 20 for a lower volume dealer?

Any guesses on total production volume for 2024? I know it is a fools errand to try to figure out when I may actually have the opportunity to buy based on where I am on a dealers wait list, but still.

First 5,000 to first edition which is about the total US sales for the 200 series. 1,200 Toyota dealers, 4Runner sold about 110K units last year, so guessing volume is more than 200 series, but less then 4Runner, is 40k a good guess, resulting in maybe 40 units this year for a higher volume dealer and 20 for a lower volume dealer?
I know a medium-ish dealer in the PA region that stated to me they expect 18 LCs in 2024 (total)...no distinction of trims

If my local dealer gets at least 10 this year, I'm in the running. I think they are considered a medium for WA, and a large for the central WA area. So I'm very curious....! AND I was #8 in SEPT! :ROFLMAO:

finally got a call back from one of the dealerships I've been working with....They mentioned (as I heard previously) there is a dealer event (at Diggerland in NJ) next week in PA/NJ featuring the LC and Tacoma. Their anxious to drive both...

Hoping for vids and some photos

I finally got some of info from two large dealers in the greater Seattle (but thankfully NOT Seattle) area.

One dealer (Toyota of Kirkland) tells me they have not received any allocation info yet and they expect the see some new LC’s arriving around May. No info provided on how many people are on a wait list, but I am one of them.

Another (Michael’s Toyota of Bellevue) told me they expect to be allotted ~60 this year based on Toyota’s estimated production numbers but admitted that can change. They had 42 people on the order list. 43 now.

I won’t be holding my breath. My hunch is that maybe by this time next year I’ll have something, unless I’m otherwise pleasantly surprised.

I finally got some of info from two large dealers in the greater Seattle (but thankfully NOT Seattle) area.

One dealer (Toyota of Kirkland) tells me they have not received any allocation info yet and they expect the see some new LC’s arriving around May. No info provided on how many people are on a wait list, but I am one of them.

Another (Michael’s Toyota of Bellevue) told me they expect to be allotted ~60 this year based on Toyota’s estimated production numbers but admitted that can change. They had 42 people on the order list. 43 now.

I won’t be holding my breath. My hunch is that maybe by this time next year I’ll have something, unless I’m otherwise pleasantly surprised.
I also spoke with Michael's Toyota of Bellevue (I'm one of the 43 as well) and they told me the same. Hope to hear something concrete soon. Which trim are you eyeing?

I also spoke with Michael's Toyota of Bellevue (I'm one of the 43 as well) and they told me the same. Hope to hear something concrete soon. Which trim are you eyeing?
When did you talk with them? I had an email just this morning. I told them
I’m interested in the mid level “Land Cruiser”

You?

You're very fortunate to have so many choices. The largest dealer in my state doesn't expect to get First Edition inventory.
We're only hoping they get a First Edition in, they don't know yet. If not, I'll look at the Land Cruiser edition with the premium package.

My local dealer had zero people on the wait list. I'm now #1 lol. If we don't buy the GX550 we may get the First Edition.
That's awesome.

I found a dealer in my area today with only 5 on the wait list...but then they told me $5,800 of dealer add ons for stuff I absolutely do not want to pay for. Brutal. I've got no interest in getting ripped off to that level but really want to be #6 at a decent sized dealership.

On the positive side that dealership said they expect to have vehicles by April, the first firm confirmation I have gotten from anyone.

When did you talk with them? I had an email just this morning. I told them
I’m interested in the mid level “Land Cruiser”

You?
Spoke to them on Monday. I'd be fine with 1958, ideally with the option to add the bigger 12" screen. Still deciding on the cloth vs softex seats as well.

Any idea when when we'll have a feature list for each trim?

Spoke to them on Monday. I'd be fine with 1958, ideally with the option to add the bigger 12" screen. Still deciding on the cloth vs softex seats as well.
I'm not seeing 12" screen as an option for the 1958. I'm not seeing any options for the 1958, TBH. Unclear if the premium package on the standard forces 20" wheels. They look standalone right now.

That's awesome.

I found a dealer in my area today with only 5 on the wait list...but then they told me $5,800 of dealer add ons for stuff I absolutely do not want to pay for. Brutal. I've got no interest in getting ripped off to that level but really want to be #6 at a decent sized dealership.

On the positive side that dealership said they expect to have vehicles by April, the first firm confirmation I have gotten from anyone.
$5800??!! That’s RIDICULOUS.

One of the dealers I spoke with said they generally have a dealer protection plan on many of their vehicles, but they did not tell me what that would be on the new LC because they don’t have allocation/pricing yet. It was very vague (intentionally I assume). We’ll see what they have to say down the road. If it’s anywhere near $5800 I am out.

One of the dealers I spoke with said they generally have a dealer protection plan on many of their vehicles, but they did not tell me what that would be on the new LC because they don’t have allocation/pricing yet. It was very vague (intentionally I assume). We’ll see what they have to say down the road. If it’s anywhere near $5800 I am out.sos tuo

One of the dealers I spoke with said they generally have a dealer protection plan on many of their vehicles, but they did not tell me what that would be on the new LC because they don’t have allocation/pricing yet. It was very vague (intentionally I assume). We’ll see what they have to say down the road. If it’s anywhere near $5800 I am out.
Agreed. I wont be paying anything over msrp.

Agreed, whole package of LoJack, ceramic coating, door guards, $6,500 once you add in the doc fee, I told them no thanks despite really wanting to be that high up on someone's list. I've got two refundable deposits already at MSRP +$300 doc fee, but neither are particularly great positions on the list so I wanted to see if I could find a way to get a better spot, found it and said no thanks.

Back