๐Ÿ› ๏ธ Member Build 2024 LC (LC trim) on 34's/2.5 inch factory warranty westcott lift

Member Build

Dacker57

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Oct 2, 2024
Kaysville UT
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser LC Trim
This unit was built in Japan in July, delivered late August. From day one the accessory department here in Bountiful UT was telling me about the westcott 2.5 inch lift built FOR the land cruiser (I guess the lead guy was a toyota engineer?). Anyway they said if they installed it they would honor full factory warranty in any case. Between this and a 3.5 inch RC lift this was the obvious choice. I put 285/75R17 on their recommendation. I know theres a youtube video by 12degnorth where he shows an LC with 34's clearing with no rubbing because of a +40mm offset. I then figured I would be okay buying everything and trying it out. My rims are a +25mm offset and there IS a slight bit of rubbing, kinda bummed. I will be getting it "OEM" trimmed, where this shop keeps the look and feel of OEM by simply moving the mounting brackets or reshaping the plastic. My tire only needs like .25 inches to clear no problems, big o' bummer but we're gonna see how that OEM trim turns out.

If yall have any advice on maybe trimming myself with a heat gun or something I'd love to hear it, I'm not big on 'editing' a 75k car with 800 miles on it but the tires belong here. I love the burnt bronze color, its a very understated bronze, almost looks black in low light, pictures are in direct sun obviously but it's pretty lowkey on the yellow tones. Black Rhino diamond backs.

Yes the Westcott drives harsher, that and my C load Falkens make it pretty different from stock riding comfort. I've decided at 60k miles I'm going to try on 33 Wildpeaks and see if I can live with the smaller look of the tires, (and gain back MPG, Power, and take out the lift for more comfort). You win some you lose some, sometimes you spend 5k to learn you didn't quite need it all haha! I have no regrets, everything is reversible after all. Lost 2-3 mpg or so, not crazy terrible, still torquey down low.
LC.jpg
LCs.jpg
LCside.jpg
Lcwheels.jpg

My thought... its your wheel and tire choice that is causing your issues. Lower offset wheels would have allowed that tire to fit, and smaller tire would have ridden a lot better. (and not rubbed) I would do both of those before taking out the suspension.
Did you actually get a full 2.5" up front with Westcott?

Im currently on stock wheels/tires and the westcott llevel kit, and havent noticed any difference with the ride. I did only get 1.5/1.65" up front and 1" in the rear, so perhaps there is some difference. I am currently weighing out the tire specs for the spring, as snow will fall in the next month here and not worth rushing in. Have a set of 18x8.5" 25et wheels sitting at home taking up space, but likely going 275 /70/17 to ensure no rubbing and lighter weight tires.

Back