1958 Leather Seat Upgrade

SG1234

📛 Founding Member
Jun 15, 2024
California
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
If the only thing I care between 1958 and the LC trim is leather seating (ignoring all the other cool features), what are my options? I know many prefer the basic fabric seating, but I want to get leather seating. How much will it cost and will it look as good as manufacturer added LC trim seat covers? Any recommendations?

Maybe this would work:

There is a leather seat option for close to 3k at that place.
Probably can get it for half that price if you go 3rd party, but nice to know that option is out there. I've ordered a non-premium LC package, but would prefer real leather, and JBL, so will likely upgrade those after-market.

Probably can get it for half that price if you go 3rd party, but nice to know that option is out there. I've ordered a non-premium LC package, but would prefer real leather, and JBL, so will likely upgrade those after-market.
Toyotas are not “ordered”. The dealers get allocations and can swap allocations with other dealers to get a vehicle equipped similar to what the customer is looking for.

Toyotas are not “ordered”. The dealers get allocations and can swap allocations with other dealers to get a vehicle equipped similar to what the customer is looking for.
They still place an order for the requested trim and colour. It's not a fully random allocation. Here's my order details.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 5.43.36 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 5.43.36 AM.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
They still place an order for the requested trim and colour. It's not a fully random allocation. Here's my order details.
They place a "request" to the distributor. If at some point the distributor gets a build from Toyota that matches, it'll be allocated for you.

The premium package is $4600
Premium package isn't available on 1958, so the true difference is the price to jump up to the LC trim and then the $4600 to get the premium package. I think its almost 10k

The softex seats on the base LC are very close to leather. I have them on my Tundra TRD Pro and most people sitting in my truck think its leather.

They place a "request" to the distributor. If at some point the distributor gets a build from Toyota that matches, it'll be allocated for you.
Potato, potahto. Toyota tries to satisfy the requests whenever possible, which is precisely why the dealers here asked their customers what spec and colour they preferred back in December.

If the only thing I care between 1958 and the LC trim is leather seating (ignoring all the other cool features), what are my options? I know many prefer the basic fabric seating, but I want to get leather seating. How much will it cost and will it look as good as manufacturer added LC trim seat covers? Any recommendations?
I have a 1958 and ordered some leatherette seat covers from Amazon for around $200. The front seatcovers fit pretty good. It looked as if it wouldn't slide and fit pretty snug. I was satisfied. The rear seat covers were trash. They were hard to figure out how to get them on and the seatbelts were covered...very disappointing. So, I am still searching like yourself. If you are okay with just protecting the front seats then go to Amazon.

Back