1958 Fog light replacement (Baja Designs Amber Fog Lights)

LouNYC

📛 Founding Member
Jul 8, 2024
Media
Central NJ
Has anyone attempted to swap out the OEM fog lights to aftermarket? I am getting my 1958 in a few weeks and looking to swap them out for Baja Designs Amber.

From my understanding the LC comes with Rigid Fogs from the factory. Rigid is one of the best aftermarket lights out there.
The 1958 comes with unbranded white for lights. The LC and FE get the color changing Rigids. How difficult it would be to swap out for the Rigid is what I’d like to know, my guess is the wiring doesn’t exist in 1958 for the color change button so would require a lot of dissembly to route it. But Toyota sometimes puts the wiring in all models, like they started doing with Tacoma’s for bed lights so they were plug and play.

Wiring is simple and I'm not looking for color changing lights, just swap OEM lights for amber ones.

I would be interested to know if there is a splitter adapter for me to add a light bar that could be controlled with the same switch. Don't want to cut and splice just yet.

I would be interested to know if there is a splitter adapter for me to add a light bar that could be controlled with the same switch. Don't want to cut and splice just yet.
Not sure why you'd want to cut and splice. IMO light bars should have a dedicated fused wire run to a strong 12v source...... ie Battery, under hood jump start terminal or the starter. On the FE, it appears there are three switch blanks to install aux switches. Not sure on the switch size yet so I've ordered just one "Toyota Mini" Air Compressor switch to insure it fits in the available blank slots.

Not sure why you'd want to cut and splice. IMO light bars should have a dedicated fused wire run to a strong 12v source...... ie Battery, under hood jump start terminal or the starter. On the FE, it appears there are three switch blanks to install aux switches. Not sure on the switch size yet so I've ordered just one "Toyota Mini" Air Compressor switch to insure it fits in the available blank slots.
BD06B84C-FB4D-45A4-93DB-41C13E5A5FE3_1_105_c.jpeg

so this was my tundra, i had a "no cutting wire" splitter and just upped the fuse to the factory fog lights. Worked great especially when going on really dark country roads.

Has anyone attempted to swap out the OEM fog lights to aftermarket? I am getting my 1958 in a few weeks and looking to swap them out for Baja Designs Amber.
I haven't seen any aftermarket support for this. My guess is the S1 will be the best fit since it's similar in size. I am also waiting on Baja to drop their kit.

Back