TRD Air filter / Port delays

DakFE

📛 Founding Member
Mar 18, 2024
ND
Vehicles
24FE OTW
Has anyone else noticed the removal of the TRD air filter as a port-installed option? I saw a comment about a manufacturing delay/supply issue on the skid plates, causing the newly arrived LCs to be held at the port. My dealer let me know that mine is currently at the port but didn't have much more info.

When I went back to the Toyota page for my FE, the TSRP had dropped by $90. Comparing the add-ons to the spec sheet I first got, the difference was the $90 TRD air filter. So I poked around on some other dealers' FEs nearby, who previously had the air filter as an add-on with same TSRP listed. They ALL had the air filter missing from the list and it got me wondering if this is another manufacturing/supply issue.

Toyota shows 65 LCs (FE, LC, & 1958) within 500 miles of my dealer and not one of them has the air filter on the spec sheet. This isn't an issue for me, just made me wonder if there are perhaps more issues than we're hearing about Toyota being able to get the finished LCs to dealers.

Anyone have insight on this?

Last edited:
Hi Dak: I was just advised myself from Novato Toyota about delays at Long Beach port due to both the skid plate and fog lamp shortages. They won’t release the vehicles until they are installed. I have been tracking the VIN to make sure they aren’t trying to sell it from under me with a higher markup. I have seen markups of up to $30k around the country. Novato Toyota is adding a $5k markup.

Back