Toyota Sends Email - The All-New 2024 Land Cruiser Is Here

I just talked to my dealer here in Texas. I'm 3rd on his list (the first two are the owners) and he knows I want a 1958. He said they don't know when they're getting any LCs or how many there are getting this year, much less the trims. Says they just haven't gotten any detailed information at all. He said the new Tacomas are great and people love the 4 cylinder hybrid in the Trailhunter, but the Tacomas were delayed arriving and he thinks it pushed the LCs too.

I just talked to my dealer here in Texas. I'm 3rd on his list (the first two are the owners) and he knows I want a 1958. He said they don't know when they're getting any LCs or how many there are getting this year, much less the trims. Says they just haven't gotten any detailed information at all. He said the new Tacomas are great and people love the 4 cylinder hybrid in the Trailhunter, but the Tacomas were delayed arriving and he thinks it pushed the LCs too.
Not sure what your dealer meant by this….but Tacoma trailhunter hasn’t been released or sold yet. And Tacomas are made in Mexico, LC in Japan. Two different production lines. Bottom line though is there’s not enough official intel coming from Toyota on a number of things.

Not sure what your dealer meant by this….but Tacoma trailhunter hasn’t been released or sold yet. And Tacomas are made in Mexico, LC in Japan. Two different production lines. Bottom line though is there’s not enough official intel coming from Toyota on a number of things.
He wasn’t super clear on it all, but he was talking about the packages that have the same/similar 4 cylinder with turbos and the Tacoma packages that have it. He definitely mentioned trailhunter as one, but I guess that’s not here yet.

Reactions: fhb
Tacoma hybrid and Land Cruiser (also a hybrid) drive events are next month for the press, there will be plenty of info out in the next couple of weeks.

To the larger lack of communication from Toyota and the disproportionate allocation of FEs in different regions, I agree.

PNW and West coast dealers have had vehicles allocated for a couple of weeks now, with some dealers receiving multiple vehicles. Texas and some East Coast dealers are just now getting allocations, hence the 10-20k markups. Hang tight and everything will even out soon.

I wonder why they have waited to so long to launch test drive impressions? The car is essentially already here and rolling out, and no one has ever posted a test drive of the car.

A friend of mine who is the Sales Manager at Toyota said they were attending a dealer event this week ahead of the press release next month. He said they were driving the LC and the Tacoma Hybrid. There is obviously an embargo on the info.

Back