supersix

Administrator
Staff member
πŸ“› Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Vehicles
2014 4runner, 2021 Bronco
bronco-vs-landcruiser.jpg

Looks like the SUV wars are heating up! How do you think the new Land Cruiser stacks up against the Bronco? Any current Bronco owners looking to make the switch?

Ford Bronco
Ford BroncoFord Bronco Raptor2024 Toyota Land Cruiser
Engine:2.3L EcoBoost2.7L EcoBoost3.0L EcoBoost2.4L i-FORCE MAX
Aspiration:TurbochargedTurbochargedTurbochargedTurbocharged Hybrid
Cylinder type:I-4V6V6I-4
Drivetrain:4Γ—44Γ—44Γ—44Γ—4
Transmission (automatic):10-Speed10-Speed10-Speed8-Speed
Transmission (manual):7-SpeedN/AN/AN/A
Horsepower (premium fuel):300330418326
Torque (ft./lbs) (premium fuel):325415440465
Towing Capacity (lbs.):3500350035006000

Last edited:
I like the style of the new Bronco, but you can't beat the reliability from Toyota!
Sadly, at least in my opinion, this seems to be the competition it is aimed at. Very spartan interior, hard plastics abound. Now back to considering a 4Runner in it's present form before disappearing also.

Last edited:
They look very similar but I definitely like the roof and roofline of the Land Cruiser better.

I had a 2-door Bronco which looked great but was useless as a daily driver and I sold it after 3 months .

The 4-door Bronco has some of the same drawbacks - light duty roof rack, iffy composite top, not great storage & poor gas mileage.

I’m definitely looking forward to the 2024 LC.

I had a 2-door Bronco which looked great but was useless as a daily driver and I sold it after 3 months .

The 4-door Bronco has some of the same drawbacks - light duty roof rack, iffy composite top, not great storage & poor gas mileage.

I’m definitely looking forward to the 2024 LC.
I am also not a fan of the composite top. I've seen way too many vehicles in the past that had their composite body pieces age, shall we say, less than gracefully :(

I'm looking at you GMC Avalanche.

• Admin
Took delivery of a new 2023 Bronco 2 dr last month. It's getting replaced with a the new LC 250 in the Underground color as soon as my dealer let's me know it's on the ground stateside. The new Bronco is well executed from the frame down but the fit and finish on the interior is a disaster and the interior noise level is rediculous as a daily driver. Gas mileage is not great either at avg. 20 mpg combined on the 2.3 Inline 4 mated to 10 speed auto. Mine will sit with less than 400 miles on it until someone takes it off my hands...

Took delivery of a new 2023 Bronco 2 dr last month. It's getting replaced with a the new LC 250 in the Underground color as soon as my dealer let's me know it's on the ground stateside. The new Bronco is well executed from the frame down but the fit and finish on the interior is a disaster and the interior noise level is rediculous as a daily driver. Gas mileage is not great either at avg. 20 mpg combined on the 2.3 Inline 4 mated to 10 speed auto. Mine will sit with less than 400 miles on it until someone takes it off my hands...
Suspicions confirmed re the Bronco noise level. I suppose they feel the direct competition is the Wrangler, also very high-noise. In this regard I also worry a bit about the LC 250, in particular the 1958 trim.

The V6 valve failures where the decision point for me on the Bronco and Ford.

Maybe it’s just me, but I notice how much Toyota representatives equate the Toyota brand and their legacy to exemplary execution on the new Land Cruiser. Truth be told, this is hard work; it will be the people at Toyota who make the new Land Cruiser great or not.

Suspicions confirmed re the Bronco noise level. I suppose they feel the direct competition is the Wrangler, also very high-noise. In this regard I also worry a bit about the LC 250, in particular the 1958 trim.
I think the majorirty of the sound issue on the Bronco stems from the removable hard top in my case. Soft top would be unlivable. Also, there's little to no sound insulation on the floor throughout the entire car. Agreed on the Jeep being the direct competitor for the Bronco. I hold the LC in a completely different category and imgine the interior fit finish and ride quality to follow suit coming out of the Tahara plant. I bought a new 23 TRD Off Road Tacoma ("last of") for my son a few weeks after the Bronco showed up and the Tacoma ride quality along with fit finish is also far superior to the Bronco. I gave him the choice of keeping the Bronco and selling the Tacoma and he told me to pound sand! This coming from a 16 year old boy...

Last edited:

Maybe it’s just me, but I notice how much Toyota representatives equate the Toyota brand and their legacy to exemplary execution on the new Land Cruiser. Truth be told, this is hard work; it will be the people at Toyota who make the new Land Cruiser great or not.
A key question for me, has Toyota addressed the infamous frame degradation from road salt? Possibly I am looking at it too simplistically, but it sure seems there should be a solution.

Agreed on the 2.7 V6. I never considered it after learning that it has a "wet oil pump belt". There's a well know Youtube content creator who does videos on engine teardowns only on blown engines. He did the 2.7 recently and it had more than a few questionable design features that confirmed it for me. It's a bit scary being the first year for the new LC but I'm trusting in the known quality coming out of that Tahara plant.

A key question for me, has Toyota addressed the infamous frame degradation from road salt? Possibly I am looking at it too simplistically, but it sure seems there should be a solution.
I hope so too. I think this plagued the Tacoma more than any other model unless I'm mistaken. I shot our new Tacoma with an undercoating film just to be on the safe side although from my research Toyota has finally resolved the issue.

"I hold the LC in a completely different category and imgine the interior fit finish and ride quality to follow suit coming out of the Tahara plant."
Some of the LC's will be coming out of the Hino facility, which does not quite have the reputation of Tahara. Regardless, in my opinion both beat the made in Mexico Tacoma.

Some of the LC's will be coming out of the Hino facility, which does not quite have the reputation of Tahara. Regardless, in my opinion both beat the made in Mexico Tacoma.
I heard that also. Hoping for Tahara but will be happy with Hino if that's the case. Can't wait to see how it all plays out. Tacoma came out of Mexico and as mentioned it's an increadibly solid build although woefully outdated. Something my son seems like love though so win win.

Don't want to derail the OP and if anyone has any specific questions about the Bronco fire away. Really wanted to love it but just didnt work out that way.

Reactions: MJE
I heard that also. Hoping for Tahara but will be happy with Hino if that's the case. Can't wait to see how it all plays out. Tacoma came out of Mexico and as mentioned it's an increadibly solid build although woefully outdated. Something my son seems like love though so win win.
Recently, there was a body weld issue with the Tacoma. And of course, frame rust. Of course, the 4Runner has terrible frame rust issues, and built in Japan. When we sold our 4Runner (a MISTAKE!), that was the first thing the buyer looked for.

Back