Tire Upgrade ?

Forgive my ignorance, but is it safe to assume that modern OEM Tacoma and Sequoia 18" wheels from basic models (not lifted and kitted higher-end models) would fit our 2024 LC's? As related to bolt patterns and offsets?

I beleive all new Tundra/Sequoia/Tacoma/4Runner wheels share the same bolt pattern and reasonable offsets for a LandCruiser. May not be ideal, but would certainly fit.

Looking good but.... do you plan to use them as they are ? The gap is way too low for any car.
No, just for test fitting purposes, and for the pleasure of forum members. I’m waiting for my wheels, then mount 33/12.5/18 tires. Probably next week will have them on the truck. Will share again with new setup.

Anyone done or planning to try 285’s in an AT (KO2,etc) on the stock rims?
I'm going to try 285s, but mine just arrived at port yesterday, so not sure how long until I can test it. When is yours arriving, and are you trying 285s?

I'm going to try 285s, but mine just arrived at port yesterday, so not sure how long until I can test it. When is yours arriving, and are you trying 285s?
I’m 4-6 weeks out to delivery. I know 275’s will work but am considering a bit larger. I’d rather not lift it or other mods but…

I’m 4-6 weeks out to delivery. I know 275’s will work but am considering a bit larger. I’d rather not lift it or other mods but…
Same, don't want to do any lift (maybe leveling kit if needed) but would like bigger. I've seen others get 275/70s and say they wish they'd gone bigger, but clearly 295/70s won't work per wmah523's test. Hope 285s will be a sweet spot 🤞

No, just for test fitting purposes, and for the pleasure of forum members. I’m waiting for my wheels, then mount 33/12.5/18 tires. Probably next week will have them on the truck. Will share again with new setup.
thanks so helpful

Same, don't want to do any lift (maybe leveling kit if needed) but would like bigger. I've seen others get 275/70s and say they wish they'd gone bigger, but clearly 295/70s won't work per wmah523's test. Hope 285s will be a sweet spot 🤞
I REALLY want to think 285/70s will fit, but just not sure……
I need someone to pave the way, and FAST! I’m about a month out

Keep in mind tire sizes are nominal, and the actual diameter can vary a fair amount between models.

For example, if you’re looking at the Wildpeak A/T4W the actual size of the LT265/70R18 and LT275/70R18 are both listed as 33.4”.

The 265/70R18 (non-LT) is 32.6”, and LT285/70R18 jumps up to 34.0”.

Honest question from someone who has never upgraded AT tires (I did have a van that came with KO2s but never gave any thought to their size) -

What are the practical advantages folks see in sizing up from 265/70/18 to 275/70/18? For hypothetical purposes, let's say we're choosing only between Falken AT3W LT in these two sizes.

Anyone done or planning to try 285’s in an AT (KO2,etc) on the stock rims?

Honest question from someone who has never upgraded AT tires (I did have a van that came with KO2s but never gave any thought to their size) -

What are the practical advantages folks see in sizing up from 265/70/18 to 275/70/18? For hypothetical purposes, let's say we're choosing only between Falken AT3W LT in these two sizes.
Bigger tires for Offroading are better for sand and mud etc ...As you deflate the tire it adds more surface area to float crawl dig. A taller tire will improve your ground clearance that's why people lift there trucks and most importantly looks most people enjoy a tire filling the wheel well up and a more aggressive looking tire because cause its a bad ass Yota not practical but hey its most peoples priorty.......That not a very big difference between sizes you stated but a true 33 inch tire is the standard for causal offroading. I ordered a 1958 so its pretty much the most important upgrade for me ....

Take your increased tire diameter and then take 1/2 of that, and it will give you your increased clearance between the diffs and the ground.
But yeah, aesthetics.

Cool, thanks! That all makes sense. I certainly understand it would be a huge difference going from something like 32” to 35”, but I still have my doubts about if I’d actually be able to tell any difference going from 32.9” to 33.4” on otherwise the same tire, aside from the MPG hit 🥲

I’ll probably go with 275s as long we see more folks verify the fit before my LC arrives in July.

For a more clear pictures, LC stock 18s wheel/tire, with 35 psi, measures 31.75 inches, from ground to top of tire.

Keep in mind tire sizes are nominal, and the actual diameter can vary a fair amount between models.

For example, if you’re looking at the Wildpeak A/T4W the actual size of the LT265/70R18 and LT275/70R18 are both listed as 33.4”.

The 265/70R18 (non-LT) is 32.6”, and LT285/70R18 jumps up to 34.0”.
This is a good point. So with too much time on my hands to obsess about my LC arriving, I created a comparison sheet for tires I'm looking at with specs that include the actual diameter and rim width requirement. Sharing in case others find it helpful.
tire-specs.jpg

Latest Discussions

Back