Suspension

Skidaddl

📛 Founding Member
Sep 7, 2023
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wondering if anyone has info on the suspension in the new LC. With the somewhat limited ground clearance, I’m wondering what it currently has, and whether a mod/replacement will be feasible/a good idea. I’ve tried Google with no luck.

EDIT: I've read that it will come with twin tube front suspension. A Google search tells me they provide a more comfortable ride, but mono tube is better for offroad. Why would they go this route? Could it be because they expect many people to upgrade the shocks? Anyone with more knowledge than me care to comment?

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone has info on the suspension in the new LC. With the somewhat limited ground clearance, I’m wondering what it currently has, and whether a mod/replacement will be feasible/a good idea. I’ve tried Google with no luck.
I'd been wondering the same thing. There are a few sites that suggest the new LC will have adaptive variable suspension (like the higher end GX550s), but I couldn't find any manufacturer literature confirming that.

So if that's the case, my (layman's) assumption is that any changes to the vehicle's suspension would mean negating the benefits of the AVS. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, as I'm no expert at all in this field (I had to Google "adaptive variable suspension" 😅).

Last edited:
So if that's the case, my (layman's) assumption is that any changes to the vehicle's suspension would mean negating the benefits of the AVS. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, as I'm no expert at all in this field (I had to Google "adaptive variable suspension" 😅).
It is not about good or bad things. It depends on the the Client. Many people will modify these cars no matter what. I just watched a video about a Suzuky Jimny in UK (20,000 GBP) modified with extra 40,000 GBP. It was a two seater 🤕.

It is not about good or bad things. It depends on the the Client. Many people will modify these cars no matter what. I just watched a video about a Suzuky Jimny in UK (20,000 GBP) modified with extra 40,000 GBP. It was a two seater 🤕.
Yeah I've done a bit more exploring on this. Here's a good video that goes into detail about the difference between mono tube and twin tube shocks:

Does anyone know if there will be a lift kit available for this vehicle? I’m planning to put a 2” lift on it and at least 33”-34” tires.

It's the same platform as the Sequoia, Tundra, Tacoma, and upcoming 4Runner (assumed)...Aftermarket will be full tilt ready within months to lift these.

Back