Stock Tires - Swaps

agjake01

📛 Founding Member
Sep 9, 2023
North Bend, WA
Vehicles
2016 Wrangler JKU
Anyone planning on swapping out the stock 265/70/18s and/or wheels on their builds at the dealer before delivery?

The new GX Toyos look pretty good but I also love the KO2s I’m running on my vehicle now.

Anyone know what will fit with the stock stance and wheel-set?

I did this several years ago on a Jeep and the dealer did the wheel and tire swap no questions asked.

Likely not before delivery. But shortly after. Aftermarket wheels and tires. Keeping it close to stock size so that the spare still fits underneath. Likely 275/70-18, which is a true 33.

Som retro wheels would be nice to go with the black and end up with a vintage look like:

Attachments

• IMG_3942.jpeg
    IMG_3942.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 161
Likely not before delivery. But shortly after. Aftermarket wheels and tires. Keeping it close to stock size so that the spare still fits underneath. Likely 275/70-18, which is a true 33.

Som retro wheels would be nice to go with the black and end up with a vintage look like:
This - I’ll likely go with the Toyos, BFGs, or Falkens in 275/70/18

Attachments

• IMG_6808.jpeg
    IMG_6808.jpeg
    216.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6809.jpeg
    IMG_6809.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6805.jpeg
    IMG_6805.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 141

Same plan here, 275/70 with maybe some Rhino brand wheels.

Anyone planning on swapping out the stock 265/70/18s and/or wheels on their builds at the dealer before delivery?

The new GX Toyos look pretty good but I also love the KO2s I’m running on my vehicle now.

Anyone know what will fit with the stock stance and wheel-set?

I did this several years ago on a Jeep and the dealer did the wheel and tire swap no questions asked.
If I understand correct, you provided new wheels and tires and gave to the dealer prior, and they dealer just mounted and balanced the newly provided wheels + tires and possibly swapped over the TPMS sensors from the original, and deliver to you the vehicle with new wheels installed?

Did they give you your original wheels and tires back?

If I understand correct, you provided new wheels and tires and gave to the dealer prior, and they dealer just mounted and balanced the newly provided wheels + tires and possibly swapped over the TPMS sensors from the original, and deliver to you the vehicle with new wheels installed?

Did they give you your original wheels and tires back?
Correct, they ordered the wheels and tires that I wanted, and gave me a partial credit for the stock tires/wheels - all at the time of purchase. The additional cost was added to the purchase price.

Correct, they ordered the wheels and tires that I wanted, and gave me a partial credit for the stock tires/wheels - all at the time of purchase. The additional cost was added to the purchase price.
That’s pretty cool to have a dealer do this—especially the partial credit aspect. There are going to be a lot of LC take-offs that will be worth exactly $0 on the resale market.

That’s pretty cool to have a dealer do this—especially the partial credit aspect. There are going to be a lot of LC take-offs that will be worth exactly $0 on the resale market.
don't sell them short, even the most ubiquitous shiny 4Runner 17" factory TRD off road wheels can sell for $400 for a set with tires on, they are definitely worth more than $0

don't sell them short, even the most ubiquitous shiny 4Runner 17" factory TRD off road wheels can sell for $400 for a set with tires on, they are definitely worth more than $0
While that may be, unless they can be sold locally the shipping costs negate a lot of value.

While that may be, unless they can be sold locally the shipping costs negate a lot of value.
we'll pitch those wheels to new Tundra, Tacoma, and future 4Runner owners, same bolt pattern and hub size,

Got a chance to see a First Edition at the Auto show in Calgary, definitely room for a wider wheel and tire setup.. at least a few inches!
Looks like if kept at stock size tire width, a 0 offset should sit flush with the fender

Well now that the FE is ordered, anyone know what tires will come on the 18’s? I’ve seen the FE with the AT Toyos in a couple of other show pics, hopefully they’ll switch them out for these or something meatier than the crappy radials -

Back